Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Which lettering do you like better? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/106409-lettering-do-you-like-better.html)

MarkSmith 06-27-2005 07:35 AM

Which lettering do you like better?

2 Attachment(s)
Picture #1 has mirrored lettering with black outline.

Picture #2 is black first word and yellow with black out line.

You comments are important to me.

Mark Smith

Smitty 06-27-2005 07:37 AM

Re: Which lettering do you like better?

Need pics Mark !!!

SpeedGirl 06-27-2005 07:46 AM

Indy 06-27-2005 07:50 AM

I like #1 because it compliments the boat better. The second picture seems to dominate the boat, and that's a pretty boat.

Sean H 06-27-2005 07:52 AM

#1 because it kinda carries over the look from the last paint job....

Smitty 06-27-2005 07:58 AM

Mark,

I prefer the black/yellow choice. The mirrored one is like the old setup and since you have totally redone the boat, I feel the mirrored letters should be part of the past.

Very nice paint by the way !!!

Is it painted yet and on the water???

MarkSmith 06-27-2005 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by Sean H
#1 because it kinda carries over the look from the last paint job....

Sean, you liked the masking tape and spray can, do-it-yourself paint job? Man, it think you are hanging over from the weekend. :D :D :D

I will be down at Grandview Condos this weekend. C U there.

MarkSmith 06-27-2005 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by Bigwavz
Mark,

Is it painted yet and on the water???

Yes, this is a picture from the Chicago Powerboat Club Photo Run on Saturday. We had 2 helicopters with a video and photographer. I think we had at least 60 boats. Go check out the Club Section below for pictures.

Sean H 06-27-2005 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by MarkSmith
Sean, you liked the masking tape and spray can, do-it-yourself paint job? Man, it think you are hanging over from the weekend. :D :D :D

I will be down at Grandview Condos this weekend. C U there.

i am going to plead the fifth.... :drink: :drink: but i still like the first, maybe because it is script compared to the block letters....

grafikworx 06-27-2005 08:21 AM

In my opinion. the name is placed too far forward. the one on the right is way too big and dominates the boat and makes it look bow heavy.you should make it smaller and move it back even if it covers some of the graphics. . rule of thumb, is the name should be centered of the wind screen, or back, but never in front of it. this my opinion, but I have painted 100's of names on boats. I hope this helps you.( great looking boat.)