Notices

Key West Race Fans Unite

Old 06-27-2005, 08:44 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy Key West Race Fans Unite

By now most of you have probably heard that OSS does not plan on racing boats in Key West this year I am not taking sides, plus I don't know or really care about the details. The cliff notes are that SBI did not invite OSS, (I am sure they feel they have legit reasons). I also believe OSS will be racing at another venue at the same time.

I am amazed that after the overwhelming success of Key West in 2004 that these two groups would not walk across coals for a repeat performance. I can not tell you how many people that did not attend last year, have mentioned they were planning to for 05

I am thinking that We the Fans should let OSS, SBI, The Conch Republic, and maybe even the sponsors know how we feel. A little OSO pressure never seems to fail So what are your thoughts.

Racers please don't debate this issue on this thread, anyone wanting more of the details can visit the racers milling area for that.
Old 06-27-2005, 08:50 AM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Default Re: Key West Race Fans Unite

does somebody have a list of email addresses for these people?
Old 06-27-2005, 10:07 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just finished my travel plans. We actually rented a whole house this year so can't wait. I would love to see APBA, SBI AND OSS there. I don't think even we the OSO race fans have a big enough voice to make it happen. But if you put anything together and need people to help support it, count me in! Last year was awesome having all groups there, it would sure be great to do it again.
Old 06-27-2005, 11:20 AM
Registered

Good post Donna! I guess you are the brains in the family. (Wait, did I just say that? ) The currant set-up for the worlds is just another example of offshore racing's self destructive nature. Why mess with success? Get the groups togther, hash out a agreement for one race and put on a good show for the fans.
Old 06-27-2005, 11:47 AM
Registered

Given the collective head-up-ass mentality displayed by most of the racing organizations over the past X number of years, here's the message I'd like to send:

I'd rather go to a poker run any day of the week and twice on Sundays.
Old 06-27-2005, 12:16 PM
Registered

Dock, have you ever been to the Worlds in Key West?

Trashing the organizations is not helpful, there are a lot of good people in both groups, many of them are volunteers. I am sure in their hearts they know one BIG race is the best way to go. Unfortunately some things have occurred in the past that make it hard for each group to get along. All us fans are asking, is that each group take the high road and somehow figure out how to make what is the best thing for the sport happen
ONE WORLD OFFSHORE RACE IN KEY WEST
Old 06-27-2005, 12:26 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,717 Likes on 3,788 Posts

$$$$$$$$$
Old 06-27-2005, 12:43 PM
Registered

Donna, I know there's a lot of good folks - unfortunately, all the infighting and "I'm taking my ball and going home" attitude that's been displayed here and elsewhere has killed any interest I had in the "sport." For me, Key West in November would be a great vacation, but no way would I plan a vacation around a boat race.
Old 06-27-2005, 12:44 PM
Registered

And one other thing - I don't think I "trashed" any of the organizations. They seem to be perfectly capable of doing that themselves with no help from yours truly....
Old 06-27-2005, 12:57 PM
Easily Distracted
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They need to put women in charge ... we have no egos .. just persistence to get the job done

Hey Dock ... bunch of us are to Key West in November for a vacation and a wedding, wanna go?

Quick Reply: Key West Race Fans Unite

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.