Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Gulf Coast Boating Center in TX...WOW !!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/106552-gulf-coast-boating-center-tx-wow.html)

GoCiggie31 06-28-2005 11:02 AM

Gulf Coast Boating Center in TX...WOW !!!!

2 Attachment(s)
I have been lurking on OSO for a couple years now under different names associated with my other runnabouts that I have now finally sold Sleekcraft, Lavey and Wellcraft. As a lurker, I have read many misfortunes on boat purchases fellow OSO members have experienced and I know that there are still some legal battles going on, wishing it to all work out.
When I decided to jump in w/boat feet and buy a used vessel from an out of state dlr I was concerned and wondered if "i too will be a casualty". I did much research out there as my job allows me to travel to Bergen Co, New Jersey to Fl to Tx and So Cal. With the directon of a OSO member, DaveSunsation I found a family based dlr called Gulf Coast Boating Center in Seabrook Tx.
Well I am here to say after I finally took delivery of my Bullet a few weeks ago, these folks @ GCBC Dave Donchez, Susan and Andrew are stand up folks. Also in the same theater is Brett of Instigator Trailers also in Tx.
In summary, when they dropped off my new (used) Bullet (In California-yes the left coast :drink: ) that I bought earlier in the year, there were a couple issues that was to be handled. Upon delivery of my Cig, I contacted GCBC and within 2 hrs. I received a pleasant resonse from the owner Dave that "we will do the right thing and get it handled"
Within a few weeks, they worked with Bud at Cigarette (great response Bud and thanks) on an upholstry ? and worked with Brett of Instigator trailer who also did the right thing (I did not like how the boat was sitting too far back-bunks were a little too short for my taste) and shipped me a completly new trailer to my satisfaction all the way from Tx and deliveried on it on Fathers day...wow now that is service AT NO EXTRA CHARGE!. I have yet to start the boat but I am sure if I experiece any problems I can count on the folks @ Gulf Coast Boating Center and Instigator in Tomball to follow through on any resonable concerns...congrats guys and gals... there is hope out there within the marine industry....THANK YOU DAVE, SUSAN, ANDREW AND BRETT! :D :D :D

See final pic of my Cigarette at my ranch- a really proud owner-
Also kudos go out to Bill Sign4boat (also a oso member) for helping me out with some vinyl graphics to be installed later. :D

Cash Bar 06-28-2005 11:15 AM

Re: Gulf Coast Boating Center in TX...WOW !!!!

Good to hear, and congrats !!

masher44 06-28-2005 11:22 AM

Great Story ! sweet ride :cool:

Nice to hear a nice story once in a while :drink:

ThirdBird 06-28-2005 11:24 AM

It's nice to hear that there are standup people out there. Glad you had things taken care of to your satisfaction.

To Gulf Coast Boating Center and Instigator Trlrs:
We're all reading this stuff. Whatever it cost you to make Ciggie happy is money better spent than on advertising. This is the best advertising you can get. Good job!! :cool:

rolln in it 06-28-2005 02:15 PM

GoCiggie,
Congratulations to you for finding a winner. An operator that stands behind their word gets my business every time. retail operations that perform in customer satisfaction usually have staying power and will eventually get some of my monies. I have been in the market for 2 years west of the Mississippi and have visited most marine shops.
I visited Bullocks last week and they also refered me to Gulf Coast Boating Center for a Scarab or Formula. Found some great ones on this classified site with my partner so we will be making a decision real soon.
Been scanning on this site for a while and alot of info and talent-the uncensored site i just discovered is quite wild

love the Texan hospitality.

Scarabdude 06-29-2005 07:26 PM

Nice to see GCBC did someone right, I wasted a bunch of time and money flying to Texas from Maine to look a piece of junk that smoked an engine out on a sea trial, not to mention after I paid $500 or so dollars for a survey, all Dave could say was lunch was on him. Dave doesn't have a clue about what he is selling, and his conscious doesn't seem to exist either. I hope you have better luck with your boat than I had with Dave at gulf coast.

105mph_38_2003 06-29-2005 07:34 PM

great news :cool: Glad to hear you had a nice transaction :D

ThirdBird 06-30-2005 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by Scarabdude
Nice to see GCBC did someone right, I wasted a bunch of time and money flying to Texas from Maine to look a piece of junk that smoked an engine out on a sea trial, not to mention after I paid $500 or so dollars for a survey, all Dave could say was lunch was on him. Dave doesn't have a clue about what he is selling, and his conscious doesn't seem to exist either. I hope you have better luck with your boat than I had with Dave at gulf coast.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

For every good story, there's a bad story. :(

NJgr8ful 06-30-2005 09:03 AM

Congrats .. very nice! GC31 :cool:

What's it got for power, drives, etc .. lowers look interesting. Have fun and best of luck with her :drink: :)

GoCiggie31 06-30-2005 11:27 AM

I am still in the ether...and enjoying it.

502 mags, rough Bravos with nose cones spining 23p at 5600...will reprop to get it to 5100-5200 after I validate tachs.

Currently at the shop on a solinoid issue, I ran out of time to work on it myself so when it comes back I will send out more pics of new interior work and etc.

Thanks for the kind words...