Skater Vee, y so little info

Notices

Skater Vee, y so little info

Old 06-28-2005, 02:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Skater Vee, y so little info

Originally Posted by wiggler4490
Takes too long to get one, when I checked 18 months, with 525 power cost was 380-390k base boat. the donzi zr is not selling because of no cabin, they cant give them away. at loto anyway. the fountain sells because its cheap but they only hold 4 people. buy a Nortech 39 and have it all in reasonable time, state of the art styling 90 plus mph on staggered 525;s all under 350k and alot better ride.
Hmm, wonder if he's biased?
BTW, Nice boats (and girls) on saturday.
Old 06-28-2005, 03:34 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Takes too long to get one, when I checked 18 months, with 525 power cost was 380-390k base boat. the donzi zr is not selling because of no cabin, they cant give them away. at loto anyway. the fountain sells because its cheap but they only hold 4 people. buy a Nortech 39 and have it all in reasonable time, state of the art styling 90 plus mph on staggered 525;s all under 350k and alot better ride.

$30K for 20 mph faster is a bargin every day of the week! As far as reasonable time, 18 months is a bogus statement! One can cut that in half and then some.
Old 06-28-2005, 03:50 PM
Banned

Tried to order one from Big Thunder last February for this summer delivery price was no options and boat runs 100mph with 525's and yes there is only 3 pleasure hulls built to date one was joint venture with baja. call skater and ask them when you could get one and add 6 months. cumberland has had one for quite some time call and get a price on one.I'll also bet your price will now be over 400k. I'm a little biased, but honestly feel the Nortech 39 is an awesome v bottom, thanks Gary for the comments on the girls saturday, it was a little hot for a couple of them to show, but we will have a couple more promotions at horney toad backwaters and our marina opening hopefully in august. thanks for coming. skater story is straight up thats why I called and took on Nortech.

Last edited by wiggler4490; 06-28-2005 at 03:54 PM.
Old 06-28-2005, 03:50 PM
Registered

Donzi seems to be building quite a few ZR's I have seen them testing at least 6 here so far this year1
Old 06-28-2005, 03:56 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rik
The pricing is no where near that outrageous. In fact it is less expensive than a lot of other boats with moderate power.

Under 400K rigged, trailer and powered with a good set of engines.

I was quoted right at 400k for 525's in a base 39 without any add on's (the new design). The 600sc's were comfortably into the 400k range.

I wasn't aware that Donzi and Fountain were charging that much for their sit downs these days. That's actually hillarious. I was definitely off in my "double the price" exaggeration.

I would always take the Skater over the Fountain or Donzi.
Old 06-28-2005, 04:12 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

Does anyone have any pics of these Skaters V's other than the one that is advertised at Cumberland. JEFF
Old 06-28-2005, 04:18 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

can you get a cut down deck/sit down 399 skater? maybe i shold say, have they built one as i know they will build whatever you want... basically, have they built a quarter canopy version of spiderman?
Old 06-28-2005, 04:56 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

You can get any deck configuration you like which is both good and bad as it can take longer depending upon your taste. There is currently one being finished with the quarter canopies.

The Ilmor 625's are less expensive than their Mercury counter parts and they appear to perform better also.

Those engines and drives in the boat are under 400 k on a trailer, you can add more $$ based upon the power and drive options. The Ilmors will push the boat in to the 110 range quite easily.

The one that Cumberland has is with a molded deck and the future ones will not have that deck configuration.
Old 06-28-2005, 05:15 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

Rik are these faster cause they have your Arneson drive system on them, just curious, thanks Jeff
Old 06-28-2005, 06:23 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

They have not done one with my drives so these are based off the Bravo's and the SSM#6 drives.

Quick Reply: Skater Vee, y so little info

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.