Notices

Donzi 38 ZR Is Awesome!

Old 06-29-2005, 12:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Donzi 38 ZR Is Awesome!

The new 35 and the 38 ZR with cabins are selling very well, the new design and the cabin was the ticket for Donzi. This boat will finally put them in one of the top Performance boats without a big price tag.
Sold so far in the NJ area.
2) 38 ZRs
5) 35 ZRs 525s
1) 35 ZR 496s
One 35 ZR is going to have a custom paint job, enclosed is a rendering.
Attached Thumbnails Donzi 38 ZR Is Awesome!-greg-boat-small.jpg  
Old 06-29-2005, 12:41 PM
Registered

After reading SEVERAL well publized stories from Donzi owners who had legitimate and serious problems with their boats and the horrible treatment they received from the company trying to get them to honor their warranty, I think alot of people, myself included, have decided that Donzi and its upper management CANNOT be trusted to stand behind their boats should it have a SERIOUS problem while under warranty.

I spoke with an owner who's suing the company over a serious problem and the company refused to fix under warranty, and he told me the attitude of upper management is "let the customer sue us and I'll deal with it in two years that it'll take them to get us into court, and by that time most of them will have given up."

In my opinoin a company that thinks like that shold be put out of business, not patronized.
Old 06-29-2005, 12:51 PM
Registered

That looks like a ZX and not a ZR.
Old 06-29-2005, 01:14 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pappo
That looks like a ZX and not a ZR.
they call different models the same thing, makes a lot of sense huh? the sit down is call the "ZR Competition"....
Old 06-29-2005, 02:00 PM

Florida Dan, So far any waranty claims we have had Donzi has stood behind. Like any company and I can name almost all boat manafactures have had there share of suits for one thing or another. Most of the waranty issues are how the dealership handles them one of the biggest problems with anything you buy car, boat motorcycle is no manafacture likes paying money out of there pocket. Heck I have a 2004 Truck and i am not saying who has had many problems, rear went twice, drive shaft, disc brakes failed after 2000 miles. motor has a slight knock they say is normal.
I told them one more time the rear goes Its new truck time.. and what do I get? You will have to sue us.. So far Donzi has worked well with us and with the new Team coming aboard its only going to get better!
Old 06-29-2005, 02:01 PM

This is a 38 ZX
Attached Thumbnails Donzi 38 ZR Is Awesome!-pic-6.jpg  
Old 06-29-2005, 02:35 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by FloridaDan
After reading SEVERAL well publized stories from Donzi owners who had legitimate and serious problems with their boats and the horrible treatment they received from the company trying to get them to honor their warranty, I think alot of people, myself included, have decided that Donzi and its upper management CANNOT be trusted to stand behind their boats should it have a SERIOUS problem while under warranty.

I spoke with an owner who's suing the company over a serious problem and the company refused to fix under warranty, and he told me the attitude of upper management is "let the customer sue us and I'll deal with it in two years that it'll take them to get us into court, and by that time most of them will have given up."

In my opinoin a company that thinks like that shold be put out of business, not patronized.
Yeah, and I believe EVERYTHING I read!

ZX and ZR are not the same boat. Not even close.
Old 06-29-2005, 02:57 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by noboat
Yeah, and I believe EVERYTHING I read!

ZX and ZR are not the same boat. Not even close.
i don't think we were talking about the zx, just gets confusing now that you can get a zr with a cabin and stand up bolsters, kinda like the zx....
Old 06-29-2005, 03:06 PM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

I've driven a 38ZR with 575's at around 93mph GPS las tsummer in some snotty water. Logged about 4 hours overall thru the weekend on it. It was the original version sit down, but still the best driving experience I've ever had complete with headsets (very nice to have for the passengers). Haven't driven the new version nor the smaller 35 model, but i do love the new layout and looks of the cockpit. Not a lot of head room (REAL performance boat, go figure) but neither does a Top Gun or other similar performance boat. Want that, go with the ZX models. The 38 will crush it and I'm sure the shrunk down version 35 will do the same. I agree with Shanghied, one of the best business decisions Donzi has made in a couple of decades. Definitely it's future.
Old 06-29-2005, 03:46 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Shanghied...

Could you tell us how much headroom is in it. Its hard to tell from the pics.
Just trying to get an idea and compare from the ZX model.

Thanks

Quick Reply: Donzi 38 ZR Is Awesome!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.