Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Anyone heading to Torch Lake this weekend? >

Anyone heading to Torch Lake this weekend?

Notices

Anyone heading to Torch Lake this weekend?

Old 07-01-2005, 01:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Anyone heading to Torch Lake this weekend?

Originally Posted by KAAMA
Anyone know if it is okay navigating from Elk Lake through Skegemog Lake to Torch Lake??? Anyone got the hot skinny on that? Someone that lives on Elk Lake told me he saw a 38' boat go through without any problems last week---it's just that you have to go at idle speeds. Thanks for any info.
Kamma:
Get that Yella thing up here. It was probably my 38' he saw. the river is fine. Just keep the drives up a coule of notches and kick back!
Old 07-01-2005, 01:32 PM
Registered

BTW, it only takes about 35 minutes to go down through the river from Torch & about 45 going up from Elk.
Old 07-01-2005, 02:34 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by KAAMA
Anyone know if it is okay navigating from Elk Lake through Skegemog Lake to Torch Lake??? Anyone got the hot skinny on that? Someone that lives on Elk Lake told me he saw a 38' boat go through without any problems last week---it's just that you have to go at idle speeds. Thanks for any info.
Do it everytime I go. Seen some big boats go through there too. Like Perfectmix said there is a shallow spot where they come together by a small peninsula, but if you stay to the far left of the opening(on the way there) you'll be fine. Nice thing is the water is so clear you can see the sandbar from a distance. They actually marked a bunch of stumps at the mouth this year too which is nice. Night time navigation could be a little tricky.

Perfectmix, you heading there? If you are what color is your PQ? I'll keep an eye out for ya.

Last edited by onesickpantera; 07-01-2005 at 02:37 PM.
Old 07-02-2005, 05:39 AM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by noboat
Do it everytime I go. Seen some big boats go through there too. Like Perfectmix said there is a shallow spot where they come together by a small peninsula, but if you stay to the far left of the opening(on the way there) you'll be fine. Nice thing is the water is so clear you can see the sandbar from a distance. They actually marked a bunch of stumps at the mouth this year too which is nice. Night time navigation could be a little tricky.
Thanks you guys. It might be best for me to put in at Torch Lake, and then perhaps have one of you guys (or someone) take me through Skegemog for my first time while I am following in my boat. Is it pretty clear in Skegemog where you can see the bottom, stumps (deadheads) etc? Also, I have never been on Torch Lake in my boat or any other, but have always heard how nice it is though---same with Elk Lake.
Old 07-04-2005, 08:51 PM
Registered

Kamma, the water is pretty clear and this year they have all several stumps marked at the mouth of the river.

Perfectmix were you there? I looked for a big PQ but didn't see one.

We went up Sunday and had a great day! 12 hours on the water and perfect weather.

Only downfall was I couldn't get anyone to play at the end of the day except for one of them there cigarette type boats.

Bro got a couple of nice shots. Great lookin Cig!
Attached Thumbnails Anyone heading to Torch Lake this weekend?-cig1.jpg   Anyone heading to Torch Lake this weekend?-cig2.jpg  
Old 07-05-2005, 06:28 AM
Registered

WOW, What a weekend.
Noboat, We didn't get to the sand bar until 1:30 on Sunday. I was parked within view of that Cig. Just south of the ankle deep water. What a party.
Hope everyone had a good Holiday. SOTW here we come
Old 07-05-2005, 09:39 AM
Registered

Perfectmix, I have no idea how I missed you. I was parked just SE of the Cig all day. Got there at 11:00 and left about 8:30. Were you there on Monday? It poured here so I took it easy all day. I think I needed the rest anyway!