Notices

LOTO for dummies

Old 06-30-2005, 08:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: LOTO for dummies

What is glassdave's real name and where is he located? I am from Columbus, Ohio, and actually driving there tomorrow morning.
Old 06-30-2005, 08:27 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

140 will be good in a 27' single engine boat at the shootout... you might not need the biggest prop you can find, you only get a mile from a standing start, acceleration is the key...

dave is in toledo...
Old 06-30-2005, 08:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by rastaboatin
If it is the Lake Chateau resort it is right across the street from me, do you have a dock there to use? I use to work at a high performance shop in Ohio and we just got done building early 90's 27 foot eliminator daytona that we are bringing to the shootout, if we can get a 38p prop it should run about 140mph, no bs. Let me know if you need anything, info or anything I will do my best, like I said I live around here year around so I am always here.
yes its the resort. We have a dock reserved. Mine has the 525efi. It is under warranty till 5-06 than it gets a whipple. I've already called paul phaff to get a whipple in oct. I'm from Tulsa and the group from grand lake suggested the chateau. They my boat is small for lake and that I'll get beat to death. What do you think?
Old 06-30-2005, 08:32 PM
Registered

Yeah kind of the delema we are working with right now, we will be speed testing with a 36p this weekend at a little local lake, the guy just had us install a new BMaxx for obvious reasons, this boat use to go like hell but he couldn't idle, so when we went to cumberland last year he rigged up two trolling motors under the swim platform and cruised into the falls like that, but all the kinks are worked out and there is a new pro-charger on it so it should run, the biggest thing will be keeping it in the water. Toledo, ok I thought you were talking about a place in Columbus I use to work doing painting and the guys name was Dave Glassburn.
Old 06-30-2005, 08:37 PM
Registered

Its all the driver, if you know how to drive it you will be fine, and trust me I see guys all day in 18ft openbows not the smartest thing but if you know how to take the wake you will be fine, it is rough and hard to judge waves since they just bounce back and forth off the cliffs, there is no timing them like in the Great Lakes or Oceans, but yeah the main channel is pretty rough, you can shoot down the lake to different arms where you will be able to open it up. Until these guys in the big 40+ cruisers learn how to get on plane that is the problem we have here, and I don't see any hope in sight.
Old 06-30-2005, 08:40 PM
Registered

i'm coming down thursday morning to learn lake before everybody gets there ( i hope).
Old 06-30-2005, 08:43 PM
Registered

Yeah you will be fine, it just starts to get crowded Thurs, but you will not have a problem, just read the signs because the channel you will be in will turn to no wake Sat, dusk til dawn, if you forget and a lot of people do, the patrol will remind you, I see it all the time.
Old 06-30-2005, 08:50 PM
Registered

how are the on the noise? Exhaust is pointed toward the water.
Old 06-30-2005, 08:52 PM
Registered

Noise is an issue but you should be fine.
Old 06-30-2005, 10:09 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

rasta
Do you live at Lands End?

Quick Reply: LOTO for dummies

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.