Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   LOTO for dummies (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/106755-loto-dummies.html)

bobonthis 06-30-2005 04:16 PM

LOTO for dummies

Ok well I am new to the Lake and want some background out here and feel clueless so here are some questions,
Bacardi boat? Does it still race or is it the race one? What is the affiliation with Auggie? (see one you always see the other)
Whos Callan marine?
Is there beef between Bacardi and Big Thunder?( I ask because of the billboard in front of Big Thunder)
Who is locally the fastest cat?
What about fastest V-Bottom?
Any other info will help just want to know the scene a bit.

Sean H 06-30-2005 04:30 PM

Re: LOTO for dummies

The bacardi boat you see most is the 46 skater, px1... last years race boat, races MTI's this year in OSS... you may see that too, never know... :cool: www.nautiboats.com

Callan marine is Dave Callan... www.callanmarine.com not really at LOTO except for the shootout in August....

No beef that i know of, bacardi has billboards everywhere.... bacardi sponsors Dave Scott (kilokat on here) hence the Auggie connection you mentioned before... bob is a racer too, both guys are national/world champions...
how many lakes can say that?

Dave's 36 skater is the fastest cat locally until somebody lays down another 200 MPH pass.... (i don't count hydoplanes since miss bud can't run when its really rough... and its retired now)

Fastest V-bottom is a good question.... a couple of fast OL's down there, somebody else might have to chime in that...

bobonthis 06-30-2005 07:54 PM

ok, that clears it up a little, I have been seeing a big white cat 46 prob? with something red on the back, new boat to the lake? I have seen him out yesterday and today but that is it I also see quite frequently a yellow cat that is over Salty Dog quite bit, but not lately. Sean H are you local and what do you have?

gsmith9898 06-30-2005 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by rastaboatin
Ok well I am new to the Lake and want some background out here and feel clueless so here are some questions,
Bacardi boat? Does it still race or is it the race one? What is the affiliation with Auggie? (see one you always see the other)
Whos Callan marine?
Is there beef between Bacardi and Big Thunder?( I ask because of the billboard in front of Big Thunder)
Who is locally the fastest cat?
What about fastest V-Bottom?
Any other info will help just want to know the scene a bit.

I'm coming for the first time the last week of july. Learn the lake so I can ask you where everything is at. What kind of boat do you have?

Sean H 06-30-2005 08:03 PM

2 Attachment(s)

ok, that clears it up a little, I have been seeing a big white cat 46 prob? with something red on the back, new boat to the lake? I have seen him out yesterday and today but that is it I also see quite frequently a yellow cat that is over Salty Dog quite bit, but not lately. Sean H are you local and what do you have?

yellow cat is probably a 36 nor-tech, could be "get er done" or "cats meow" which is wiggler4490 on here... i don't know who the white 46 would be unless you are talking about this boat? it is a 43 nor-tech from grand lake owned by un ortho docs on here...

the blue one is mine, getting painted/put back together and will be back on the water in a few weeks...

bobonthis 06-30-2005 08:05 PM

Right now I personally don't own a boat, it was our moving money, I have had friends from Ohio in town almost every weekend so have been buming rides,but no one is in town until the shootout now so I will be beached, I know the lake well and can pretty much tell you where everything is at, I just moved here and am right across from the Salty Dog, so I see almost every boat on the water since I am on the main channel. What kind of boat are you bring down?(gsmith9898)

bobonthis 06-30-2005 08:09 PM

No it was not OU this one is all white not a mark on it except for something in red on the back sides, I want to say get er done is the one I saw at Dog Days, don't recall your boat either this year, looks great how it is there, who does your paint work? and is he local? the only one I have heard of is Vincent who is local, he did my buddies 42 fountain, which is now at Lake Cumberland Marine. I have also seen a rat logo on a lot of boats around here that are custom painted, who is that?

gsmith9898 06-30-2005 08:17 PM

Right now I personally don't own a boat, it was our moving money, I have had friends from Ohio in town almost every weekend so have been buming rides,but no one is in town until the shootout now so I will be beached, I know the lake well and can pretty much tell you where everything is at, I just moved here and am right across from the Salty Dog, so I see almost every boat on the water since I am on the main channel. What kind of boat are you bring down?(gsmith9898)

I will be staying at the chateau ( where ever that is). I have a 2004 27 foot eliminator daytona.

Sean H 06-30-2005 08:20 PM

No it was not OU this one is all white not a mark on it except for something in red on the back sides, I want to say get er done is the one I saw at Dog Days, don't recall your boat either this year, looks great how it is there, who does your paint work? and is he local? the only one I have heard of is Vincent who is local, he did my buddies 42 fountain, which is now at Lake Cumberland Marine. I have also seen a rat logo on a lot of boats around here that are custom painted, who is that?

mine was all white before the paint, and it was painted by glassdave on here in ohio... vincent does great work, and is pretty busy... the rat logo is ratical graphics in union, mo, he does a lot of MTI's, black thunders and others... alot of good painters in MO, visual imagination is in the KC area (speed racer, monopoly black thunder)

bobonthis 06-30-2005 08:22 PM

If it is the Lake Chateau resort it is right across the street from me, do you have a dock there to use? I use to work at a high performance shop in Ohio and we just got done building early 90's 27 foot eliminator daytona that we are bringing to the shootout, if we can get a 38p prop it should run about 140mph, no bs. Let me know if you need anything, info or anything I will do my best, like I said I live around here year around so I am always here.