Potomac River July 4th Weekend >

Potomac River July 4th Weekend

Notices

Potomac River July 4th Weekend

Old 06-30-2005, 09:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Potomac River July 4th Weekend

Where is everyone going Saturday, Sunday & Monday?

I think I will be a Gilligan's on Saturday, Tim's II Sunday and DC on Monday. Any one else?
Old 07-01-2005, 01:39 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Potomac River July 4th Weekend

Cobb Island Friday night, Port Kinsale Saturday night , then we really don't know. Maybe we will run up to Gilligans or Fairview. Give us a shout if you see us.

Bill & Patti
"Triple Play" 47 Fountain
Old 07-01-2005, 03:05 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

Hey csmall,

What kind of boat do you have? I'm usually riding around somewhere between Cobb Island and Fairview. Probably going to watch the fireworks off Colonial Beach on Mon.

Dave M.
Old 07-01-2005, 04:34 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Dave,
csmall has a 400ss Formula.

Call us if you are down our way
Old 07-01-2005, 09:51 PM
Registered

It's a Red Striped 400ss. There is another one on the river just like mine, except the other one doesn't have the rear canopy or radar. My boat name is "Sanity Keeper" with the old home port of NJ.
Old 07-01-2005, 09:53 PM
Registered

Anyone have any other places to watch the fireworks from besides DC. I don't know if I want to deal with the mess of getting out of DC at night. Any suggestions or stories from the past leaving DC?
Old 07-01-2005, 11:07 PM
AKA NoMoBoatin
Platinum Member

(Sydwayz typing)

Several of us are at SML for the long weekend (Throttle Therapy, Docmanrich, OutlawMark, Blue By You, and a few others.)

csmall,
Go ahead up to DC for the fireworks. Anchor out just north of the 14th Street Bridge, right by the stone bridge that has the marina behind it in front of the Pentagon. I can't remember the name of the marina, but it is a nice one if they have any transient slips open. If not, there is plenty of room in the 'cove' they are in, (inside the bridge, in front of the Pentagon) to anchor out a bit away from their docks and spend the night. We did this last year (had a slip), and had to travel maybe a couple hundred yards after dark and after the fireworks were over. It worked out perfect, and were close to Olde Town Alexandria for brunch the next day. Stay within a hundred feet or so of the docks as they circle around to the right when you go under the bridge, as in, just keep an eye on your depth finder. Its nothing to overly worry about, just be aware of where you drop anchor. Go ahead and pick your spot during the day and make a GPS trail to follow after dark.
(Brian)

Last edited by docmanrich37; 07-01-2005 at 11:09 PM.
Old 07-02-2005, 06:06 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by docmanrich37
(Sydwayz typing)

Several of us are at SML for the long weekend (Throttle Therapy, Docmanrich, OutlawMark, Blue By You, and a few others.)

csmall,
Go ahead up to DC for the fireworks. Anchor out just north of the 14th Street Bridge, right by the stone bridge that has the marina behind it in front of the Pentagon. I can't remember the name of the marina, but it is a nice one if they have any transient slips open. If not, there is plenty of room in the 'cove' they are in, (inside the bridge, in front of the Pentagon) to anchor out a bit away from their docks and spend the night. We did this last year (had a slip), and had to travel maybe a couple hundred yards after dark and after the fireworks were over. It worked out perfect, and were close to Olde Town Alexandria for brunch the next day. Stay within a hundred feet or so of the docks as they circle around to the right when you go under the bridge, as in, just keep an eye on your depth finder. Its nothing to overly worry about, just be aware of where you drop anchor. Go ahead and pick your spot during the day and make a GPS trail to follow after dark.
(Brian)
That's Columbia Island Marina. Not a bad place and you would be able to avoid all of the drunks with no nav lights trying to get down the river!

Just one thing. If you use the bath house at that marina and drop the soap....just leave it there!!!!
(disclaimer...Not speaking from experience here, but the place is well known for being a rump ranger haven)
Old 07-02-2005, 06:34 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

I'm leaving for Cobb Island in about an hour, might head up gilligans for a while...410-746-0020 if anyone is in the area...Rob
Old 07-03-2005, 08:21 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 35 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
I'm leaving for Cobb Island in about an hour, might head up gilligans for a while...410-746-0020 if anyone is in the area...Rob
Did you trailer your boat up 301 around 6-630 last night?

Quick Reply: Potomac River July 4th Weekend

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.