Notices

PWC Riders are crazy

Old 07-04-2005, 08:44 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: PWC Riders are crazy

I especially like the dozen plus PWCs that are buzzing around within 50 yds of every channel mouth, here in West Michigan, trying to jump the wake of every cruiser coming and going. As if it's not tricky enough navigating the boats coming in and out of the channel we have to dodge the darting PWCs on top of it. It feels like playing "Asteroids" in a boat. Time to add a joystick to the boat.

- Jeff
Old 07-04-2005, 09:49 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lets see " you hate them, there idiots, scumbags,crazy,lice,ditz's. How about they got so close they jumped your wake and landed on your table and knocked your roast chicken off the table Yea thats it or they jump your boat and pulled your wifes bikini top off as that went by. Come on there's got to be a better one, Oh yea you had to turn your boat real hard to the right one time. O.K we get it you don't like pwc, stay home then. You know there's all kinds of people doing things out there that you might not like or understand I'm sure the people out there tubing is annoying to you lets start a I hate tubers thread, or I hate bass tourn. thread, you sound like you need to start a book club and stay on the dock.
Old 07-04-2005, 10:01 AM
Registered

LOL @ rdp145!

Those are some pretty strong words for someone with less than 100 posts!

PWC's are not the problem. Most PWC OWNERS are very responsible. The problem is the children/friends of the owners. They don't take the water safety course. They have no clue about water safety.

I would be willing to bet that over 80% of the PWC accidents involved a PWC driver that was not the owner...

Just my two-cents...
Old 07-04-2005, 10:02 AM
Registered

Location: Where the water meets the oaks 'n Pines in the Sierra Nevada's of NorCal
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rdp145
Lets see " you hate them, there idiots, scumbags,crazy,lice,ditz's. How about they got so close they jumped your wake and landed on your table and knocked your roast chicken off the table Yea thats it or they jump your boat and pulled your wifes bikini top off as that went by. Come on there's got to be a better one, Oh yea you had to turn your boat real hard to the right one time. O.K we get it you don't like pwc, stay home then. You know there's all kinds of people doing things out there that you might not like or understand I'm sure the people out there tubing is annoying to you lets start a I hate tubers thread, or I hate bass tourn. thread, you sound like you need to start a book club and stay on the dock.
I think the message that started from Magicfloat out there was to be careful because of all the imature, inconsiderate uninformed amount of jetski users out there (maroons). These are dangerous machines at the hands of many unexperienced children or people that act like spoiled children demanding their own space without any consideration for others. Not all jetskiers are idiots but the pompus showoffs that do not have a clue are setting a real bad example to the newbees and are making the sport look like only jerks can afford to use them.
Old 07-04-2005, 10:15 AM
Registered

I may have less than 100 posts but i've been boating for 35 yrs. I seen post of your harley I've got one too, we would both be pissed if someone got on here and said every harley rider was a scumbag. The statement about not all pwc riders were idiots is correct but thats not whats being said here. I'll try to get my post # up
Old 07-04-2005, 10:31 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 249 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by Boatme
We call them Lake Lice

Never heard that term, that's golden!
Old 07-04-2005, 10:40 AM
Registered

Not to be disrespectful of the FEW responsible PWC operators I've seen, like I already stated, 95% of the idiot moronic acts I've seen on the water are from PWC operators. That's just reality.

I don't hate PWCs, I hate the idiot operators that don't give a damn about anybody else on the water and come so close to causing so many problems/accidents to people who are just trying enjoy their day on the water. Those idiots are the ones who should stay on the dock and write a book, "How to be a total Azzhole".....
Old 07-04-2005, 10:52 AM
Registered

I really like when you almost hit them and they look at you like you are an idiot!! I mean I almost had to get my seat re-upholstered because my a$% ate the seat. I guess they think I can just stop on a dime from a 50 mph roll.
Old 07-04-2005, 01:35 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You guys soudn like blow boaters compliangin about speed boaters. Theyre annoying, they cut in front of me, they're all bad people. blah blah blah. Im not gonna say that there isnt a problem, cuz there is with anyone on the water who isnt properly educated. Ive been riding pwcs for 13 years now started when i was 9 and passed the safety course. By the time i was 16 many more regulations were put on them. And we all nkow how most of us feel about the govt regulating our hobby based on what other people think, instead of just dealing with the few causing the problems. Thats my rant for now. There are many resposible PWC owners, you just dont coem in contact with them so you dont relize they're out there.
Old 07-04-2005, 02:51 PM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

Should have titled my post "Some PWC Riders are crazy",I guess.My point was not to castigate the many responsible PWC riders out there( heck,I sold them for 10 years)but to call attention to the fact that you have to be way more aware now than in the old days. I just got a call from a friend(2:30 pm today), PWC accident a few miles above the lake where I had the incident yesterday,preliminary report,one dead . Everyone please be careful and keep a watchful eye,it's not just the PWC's,it's every type of boat.

Last edited by Magicfloat; 07-04-2005 at 03:05 PM.

Quick Reply: PWC Riders are crazy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.