Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Boat Transport Help Needed (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/106947-boat-transport-help-needed.html)

born2burn 07-04-2005 05:37 PM

Boat Transport Help Needed

Looking for boat transportation outfit to haul a boat from Lake of Ozarks to Washington State. Mapquest calls for 1984miles. Its on its own trailer but would prefer it be put on a deck trailer to avoid road rash. Length is 26' with 8.3' beam and 3500lbs + tandem trailer. Any help would be much appreciated. For more details please contact me at [email protected] and/or 5096794018.
Thanks

timewarp 07-04-2005 09:21 PM

Re: Boat Transport Help Needed

Might want to give this guy a call, he hauled a friends Stoker back to California last year, seemed pretty reasonable, you can save money by dealing directly with him instead of going through a broker, he has a 40' flat deck.

S&S Express Transportation
432 Kern Street
Taft, California 93266

Phone (661)765-5442
Fax (661)765-5717

He works with brokers so he might be able to get a load back there, pick up the boat, deliver to Washington, and then pick up another load back to California, he said he gets up to Washington quite a bit.
Or fire up that Dodge and take a road trip.

Caleb

born2burn 07-05-2005 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by timewarp
Might want to give this guy a call, he hauled a friends Stoker back to California last year, seemed pretty reasonable, you can save money by dealing directly with him instead of going through a broker, he has a 40' flat deck.

S&S Express Transportation
432 Kern Street
Taft, California 93266

Phone (661)765-5442
Fax (661)765-5717

He works with brokers so he might be able to get a load back there, pick up the boat, deliver to Washington, and then pick up another load back to California, he said he gets up to Washington quite a bit.
Or fire up that Dodge and take a road trip.

Caleb

Caleb-
Thanks for the info.........how do you know of the Dodge????

timewarp 07-05-2005 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by born2burn
Caleb-
Thanks for the info.........how do you know of the Dodge????

I was the guy with the beard at Powerboats NW when you droped your Daytona off for Cameron to change your motor out. :drink: :drink: Unless you aren't who I thought you were :D :D

Caleb

born2burn 07-05-2005 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by timewarp
I was the guy with the beard at Powerboats NW when you droped your Daytona off for Cameron to change your motor out. :drink: :drink: Unless you aren't who I thought you were :D :D

Caleb

Caleb-
Small world........actually that is my buddy Russ that you are thinking of. He just got it back last sunday. Although I do have a Dodge as well.......2000miles one way is a long haul.