N. Michigan fun run info finally >

N. Michigan fun run info finally

Notices

N. Michigan fun run info finally

Old 06-10-2005, 03:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow N. Michigan fun run info finally

Laura got me the info today on the 6th anual northern michigan fun run. looks like it will be the same as last year, route appears to be a little different. there will be new envelopes this year to help with the cheating that seemed to go on last year. last year best hand was 1500.00. 24 boats last year i believe. i am not in charge again for the 2nd year in a row which is nice.
i know i will see all the regulars, hope to see some new faces as well.
scott

6th Annual Northern Michigan
POKER/FUN RUN 2005
July 23, 2005

This is NOT an organized event or Poker Run!! (This will become painfully evident as the day progresses). You and your captions are solely responsible for your actions, safety, course navigation and ability to follow all Coast Guard Regulations. This event grows with each passing year. Remember…when you spend all day on the water, things can and do happen. Please use good judgment and be safe!!

This year’s Route is as follows: cards will be distributed in the last 5 locations:
Round Lake - Charlevoix
Northport
Suttons Bay
Traverse City
Marion Island
Round Lake – Charlevoix

We will be holding a meeting in Round Lake at 9:00 am SHARP to go over the route and answer any questions!

You may “put in” in Lake Charlevoix – the ramps are nice, water deep and docks long (yeah baby!!) and there is plenty of area to store your vehicle and trailer. We will launch from Ferry Beach in Charlevoix – plan to be there about an hour before the meeting time.

We are doing this year’s Poker/Fun Run a litter different. Everything is going to be ala cart – this will make it easier on everyone. As in the past, Poker hands will remain $20.00/per. You may buy as many as you like – please let us know ASAP about how many hands you will want. We will collect CASH for each hand the morning of the event so that CASH may be given to the winner. AS IN THE PAST – IF YOU ARE A NON-BOAT-OWNER IT IS ONLY FAIR TO SPLIT THE WINNINGS WITH THE CAPTAIN. REMEMBER, THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A FREE RIDE!!

Items for Sale this year: These will have the logo and any other information you may want. The easiest way to handle this transaction is to deal directly with Tracy Piehl at Trophy Case – their phone number is 231-347-3016 – their address so that you may mail your check is: 610 W. Sheridan, Petoskey, MI 49770. Last year we had people varying from the list we gave them – this way you can order what you want. Towels, sweatshirts, totes, hats, etc.

Trophy Case will NEED TO KNOW BY FRIDAY, JULY 1ST WHICH ITEMS YOU WANT AND SIZES!!

Dinner this year will be $10.00 per person - again do the math – please send a check made payable to Doug Houlmont for this!! Give us a list of people being paid for, boat name, etc. This must be received by Tuesday, July 5th so that we may order the appropriate amount – if we don’t receive your money by then – plan on bringing your own dinner. Dinner is to be provided by Mancino’s Restaurant – they have excellent food. There will be pizza & salad – there may be other foods also – but this is what I know to be true.

This year’s event will be run by PISTEROV (AKA Doug) and we will be monitoring Channel 69.

We will be spending the night (for those of you who opt to) in Round Lake again this year. We will have a boat already anchored in the lake so that we may raft off. We will also have a dingy that will make “shore runs” for potties, shopping, etc. This is Venetian Festival Weekend, therefore, there will be fireworks for your enjoyment – we arranged this especially for the “Poker/Fun Run” (sure…) The only problem with this situation is that the “fuzz”, “water weenies”, “Coast Guard Cops”, will be “around”.

This should be another fun year – can’t wait to see everyone!!
Old 06-12-2005, 10:50 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: N. Michigan fun run info finally

Cant Wait!!!one suggestion some of the food never made it to the ends of raft off can we order the food ala cart Through Doug also? I know I heard a few derogatory remarks from people as they were passing food down to the end boats.....just a suggestion
Old 06-12-2005, 11:42 AM
Registered

wow, what an idea. that might work. maybe punt the group food all togeather. i have an idea that who ever wins runs it next year, or better yet who ever complains runs it next year. i lost at least 200 every year that i ran it. doug last year lost over 300 last year. i just found out some people ordered shirts or whatever last year and never paid for or picked them up. yes i know have money first, but you try to be the good guy.

enough rambling
cant wait to see you all this year, by the way i have noooo responsiblity this year so maybe i will ***** about something as well.

thanks for the heads up
scott
Old 06-12-2005, 04:32 PM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Scott hope you didn't think I was bit%$ing just trying to make it easier for everyone. as far as I'm concerened we could drop the food all together and just have the run thats what counts, The party at you parents was a blast and the best value by far but I'll bet it was the most work also. The wife and I still laugh about your dog stealing beer when you set your glass down. If I can help with anything let me know.
Don
Old 06-12-2005, 10:06 PM
Registered

no i think that you have a good idea, we have just carried the food over from the years at the lake. i think we will head back that way sometime in the near future and have it catered again. i love that route, and no i dont think that you are on me, if you were busting my baalls i wouldnt care youve been around long enough to complain.
my dog still loves beer.
if you are up sooner let me know, would love to hang. we were out today for the first time, it was unbelievable. went swimming, stayed in the water becouse it was warm, it is not this warm in august some years.
Old 06-12-2005, 11:28 PM
Registered

God I want to make this - still looking to see if we can adjust the schedule....
Old 06-13-2005, 05:06 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Mike you better make time its a blast!!!Scott we will be up july 22-29 also the week after the run and August 25-29.
Old 06-13-2005, 06:11 AM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

Sounds like a nice time Scott.
Old 06-13-2005, 06:30 AM
Registered

kaama is that boat going to run this year? would love to see it
Old 06-13-2005, 06:46 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Scott he's YELLA! he thinks there is a sea monster that eates yellow boats up there...

Quick Reply: N. Michigan fun run info finally

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.