Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Top Gun 39 Unlimited or Nor-Tech or Outerlimits? >

Top Gun 39 Unlimited or Nor-Tech or Outerlimits?

Notices

Top Gun 39 Unlimited or Nor-Tech or Outerlimits?

Old 07-08-2005, 11:28 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts
Default Re: Top Gun 39 Unlimited or Nor-Tech or Outerlimits?

Oh yeah, Eddie at Hideaway is the man. He has sold(and unsold) me at least 2 boats.

Phil at Lip-ship definitely knows Cigs. like no one else. Tough call.
Old 07-09-2005, 01:06 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I took a ride in a 39 TG at Miami Boat Show with Twin 850 Mercs

110 MPH with 6 people on board

great boat

the driver did not have to use trim or tabs from 0-110

Would be my boat of choice
Old 07-09-2005, 04:29 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dont forget that the tg is 38'9" and both other boats are over 2 feet longer, and wider beam with more cabin and cockpit room. Nortech has always been an innovator with their designs and have obviously been very successful because they are sold out for the year on 36 cats and 39v bottoms. Cigs are nice boat, they just hurt there own customers when they came out with the 39 top gun and then redesigned the 38 , can you say hurting resale. Also look on classifieds at how many Cigs are for sale over 80 that should tell you something.
Old 07-09-2005, 08:27 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by pm203
All this positive talk about the Nor-tech is nice,and I can appreciate what they have done,but looks alone,the Nor-tech is too cheesy looking for me.The Cigarette and Outerlimits look well porportioned and well designed with smooth flowing lines and an overall shape that is hot and pleasing to the eye. The Nor-tech design looks like the same mistake BMW made with their 7 series.The design is choppy,the rear awful,and the cockpit looks like major Bling designed it. I dont mean to put the boat down,and while it may drive and ride as well or better than any of the others,bottom line;Its not a pretty boat.
Alot of what you are saying is personal preference, which you are entitled to. I do agree that when the boat came out, I also was a little shocked that it didnt have the flowing lines of the 4300/5000 V. Like I said it has a more chiseled look. Another thing, the boat without paint and with paint look like two different boats, thats when I started really liking the lines. It would be like comparing the boats at the Miami show, the Nortech wasn't quite finished with no paint vs the OL and Cig. If you ever get the opportunity take a look at a 39 OL or even a 39 Cig without paint, big difference. Again personal preference. The cockpit in this 39 in about 2" deeper than my 4300, which impressed me, you feel extremely safe. The dash I think looks cool, I like a few of the styling cues from their cat, and I like the alum fabricated step plates to top deck. The best part is the ride. I personally like all three boats, and the three co. are some of the best of the best. I wish the guy good luck in whatever he chooses, he cant loose.

Now this BMW comment really hurt
Old 07-09-2005, 08:28 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by wiggler4490
Dont forget that the tg is 38'9" and both other boats are over 2 feet longer, and wider beam with more cabin and cockpit room. Nortech has always been an innovator with their designs and have obviously been very successful because they are sold out for the year on 36 cats and 39v bottoms. Cigs are nice boat, they just hurt there own customers when they came out with the 39 top gun and then redesigned the 38 , can you say hurting resale. Also look on classifieds at how many Cigs are for sale over 80 that should tell you something.
Resale wise,I would take a Topgun anytime.The Nor-Tech doesnt appeal to as great an audience,and doesnt have to,since its a lower production boat.
Old 07-09-2005, 08:39 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by pm203
Resale wise,I would take a Topgun anytime.The Nor-Tech doesnt appeal to as great an audience,and doesnt have to,since its a lower production boat.
do you meen lower production in sales or just a production boat as in not custom like your 39 Cig.
Old 07-09-2005, 08:44 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

I mean lower in production as is Outerlimits.
Old 07-09-2005, 08:48 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I understand.
Old 07-09-2005, 08:59 AM
CMG
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

whats the Nortech website address to see the line up?
Old 07-09-2005, 09:09 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

The 3900 isnt on the website yet, but you can go to the Nortech section and see pics of a few 3900, or go under Marine links and hit Nortech, take you to their site.

Quick Reply: Top Gun 39 Unlimited or Nor-Tech or Outerlimits?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.