Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Top Gun 39 Unlimited or Nor-Tech or Outerlimits? >

Top Gun 39 Unlimited or Nor-Tech or Outerlimits?

Notices

Top Gun 39 Unlimited or Nor-Tech or Outerlimits?

Old 07-06-2005, 04:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Top Gun 39 Unlimited or Nor-Tech or Outerlimits?

I had already set my sights on the TG 39 but my dealings with the dealers have been confusing to say the least. Seems like all spin and posturing.
Soooooo...now I'm considering the above 2 alternatives. What are the pros and cons of each in your experience? Also what are really the biggest reliable engines that will last me at least 200-300 hours if not abused? What do you all think about triple 600 SCi's? Speed, acceleration, gph vs. similar twins or something like the Zul 700/750 NA twins?

Thanks a million for any insights!
Old 07-06-2005, 04:09 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Top Gun 39 Unlimited or Nor-Tech or Outerlimits?

Call Lip-Ship for a 39 Unlimited with Zuls.....Straight talk no Bull
Old 07-06-2005, 05:12 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

all good boats... i probably go nor-tech and save some cash.. 525's or 600's.... low 90's to mid to high 90's...
Old 07-06-2005, 05:30 PM
Registered

Thumbs up Re: Top Gun 39 Unlimited or Nor-Tech or Outerlimits?

I Just Bought A 39 Super Vee And I Am Very Happy With It. I Have Staggered 600 Sci's With Its Short Sportmaster . I Was Also Looking At A Cigarette And Decided To Go With The Nortech. If You Spend A Lot Of Time On Your Boat The Nortech Has A Lot More Space. The Top Speed I Have Seen Is Between 95 And 97 Mph . If You Need Like Any More Info Pm Me.
Old 07-06-2005, 05:32 PM
The Senior Charter Member #1070
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

VonB,
Call me I might have some information for you.
Regards,
Tony
314-581-3532 cell.
Old 07-06-2005, 05:34 PM
Banned

depends on your budget. personally the new Nortech 39, which is actually over 40loa with 600's runs 96+. the 39 cig will run 90 and the outerlimits will push 100mph. however the price of a Nortech is 70,000 less than a Cig and 110,000 less than an outerlimits. Nortech has full cabin and unique styling like the cats. Guess I'm just biased and into getting the best bang for the buck, Have 2 new 39's on the way. unbelievable cockpit room and staggered engine set up. thanks Jim midwest performance marine 636 236-4141
Old 07-06-2005, 05:47 PM
Performance Boat Center
VIP Member

Received 20 Likes on 6 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Top Gun 39 Unlimited or Nor-Tech or Outerlimits?

You may want to do the math and check on how twin 850/#6 works out compared to trip 600s...
Trips really don't deliver the crazy boost in speed...no matter what hull...

I know Hideaway has a 39 with trip 600s that you could check on... Call Eddie and see what he has to say about it..
Phil is definately a good call when talking about big power other than Merc..

Park a new Cig next to an OL or Nortech. Then give them a decent look.
Look closely, and deeply at the boat. Don't buy something based solely on the paint job...

A 39 Cig with 600s will run faster than 90....
87 on 525s with stock props, and no break in time..

Best of luck on the new boat purchase..
Attached Thumbnails Top Gun 39 Unlimited or Nor-Tech or Outerlimits?-39-525-6-29.jpg  
954-809-8739
Wright Performance, MTI, Cigarette, Sunsation
Old 07-06-2005, 05:59 PM
Banned

I'd take a hard look at Nortech. The more I see them, the more impressed I am with them.
Old 07-06-2005, 06:29 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

All 3 boats are excellent. The lightest is the OL, then Nortech, then Cig. If all powered the same they are within approx. 2 mph of each other, fastest in that same order.
The OL is more rounded off than their 42, very nice looking, has a spacious cockpit, new non flat paneled dash and I believe 5'5" of headroom down below.
The Nortech has the largest cockpit as well as the deepest free board. The cabin headroom is 5'10", by far the tallest and largest of the three, awesome dash, fabricated alum. steps pieces to top deck, mirrors and chrome pieces to reflect off their 36/43/50 Cat, but this 3900 has a more squared off chiseled look than their 4300/5000 V.
The Cig is also a nice piece, with an awesome dash with center or side position drivers helm station, neat design. Dash looks awesome, and of the three I like the bolster design the best. Cramped quarters down below, not a bad thing just common on Cigs in general. This boat has the true offshore look, like all Cigs do, excellent timeless design.

Very tough decision, You are dealing with some of the best in the business. I personally like all three, and would be happy with either one. Quality is excellent in all three, but.. I personally take alot of people out all the time, as well as overnight every other weekend, so I would have to go with the Nortech, the slightly largest of the three. The price is also less, not to mention they have a dealer network in my area-TMP-and the factory has been great to deal with on my last 4300 and my present 4300. You also get straight answers from the sales divisional manager, Terry Sobo.

I wish you good luck, try all three out, then make your decision. Jeff
Old 07-06-2005, 07:04 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by birdog
Call Lip-Ship for a 39 Unlimited with Zuls.....Straight talk no Bull
Thats where I'd go get a cig, and w/ zuls.

But the Nortech is way cool too, but maybe a pair of ilmors would be better than the 600s.

Quick Reply: Top Gun 39 Unlimited or Nor-Tech or Outerlimits?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.