Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   If you have a slow boat like me (umbrellas) ... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/107229-if-you-have-slow-boat-like-me-umbrellas.html)

GregP 07-07-2005 08:55 PM

If you have a slow boat like me (umbrellas) ...

I have a note to pass on. Got a message from my insurance agent over the weekend that Nationwide has changed their policy and will now cover boats up to 75 mph top speed under their umbrella policies. Got mine added to the policy on Monday.

-Greg

Outdrive1 07-07-2005 08:57 PM

Re: If you have a slow boat like me (umbrellas) ...

I can imagine what they are charging for that......... :(

masher44 07-07-2005 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by BADKACHINA
I can imagine what they are charging for that......... :(

more money than you got scumbag :evilb:

GregP 07-07-2005 09:12 PM

Umbrella is $1M for about $300/yr, well worth it in my book.

masher44 07-07-2005 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by GregP
I have a note to pass on. Got a message from my insurance agent over the weekend that Nationwide has changed their policy and will now cover boats up to 75 mph top speed under their umbrella policies. Got mine added to the policy on Monday.

-Greg

Was that a change up to 75 or down to 75?

offshoredrillin 07-07-2005 09:14 PM

state farm is now doing agreed to policies...check there too

Outdrive1 07-07-2005 10:16 PM

Can you expalin to me what these "umbrella" and "agreed" policies are? Is this something different than what I have with Progressive? What do they or don't they cover? I have no clue what these insurance terms mean, seems like I always get stuck paying more than anybody I know.... :(

MnFastBoat 07-07-2005 10:55 PM

The umbrela is what allows me to continue with State Farm.
:D

Outdrive1 07-07-2005 11:35 PM

I have Allstate for everything else but my agent insured my boat through Progressive, although I've heard some negative stuff about Progressive, the one time I had a claim they paid it no problem. I know a fews years back when we had StateFarm they cancelled my boat policy and raised my rates after my Excursion was stolen. That's why I went to Allstate in the first place.
I still don't understand the difference between a regular policy and umbrella policy. Is it a different kind of coverage or is it covered by someone else similar to the way my Allstate agent did my boat?

GregP 07-08-2005 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by masher44
Was that a change up to 75 or down to 75?

Up from 50 to 75 - greg