Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Panther don't wimp out (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/107283-panther-dont-wimp-out.html)

mr_velocity 07-08-2005 03:24 PM

Panther don't wimp out

Put the resin bucket in the water and run with us on Sat. I didn't think you would be that afraid of the old potato chip, almost half the run is in the river so you should feel right at home. :D

It won't be the same without you there, come on and make the run!!!!

Stormrider 07-08-2005 03:36 PM

Re: Panther don't wimp out

where you guys heading?

mr_velocity 07-08-2005 04:28 PM

Heading up to Kings Point Long Island, think it's going on 17 years for this run.

Stormrider 07-08-2005 05:12 PM

Kings Point?? Thats Manhasset Bay. Where do you go there?

mr_velocity 07-08-2005 07:28 PM

We run up to a friend's house every year for a bbq

Stormrider 07-08-2005 08:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
mr v. what are you running again?
I might be out for a bit, so I'll keep my eyes peeled for ya.

I'll be looking like this.

Panther 07-09-2005 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by mr_velocity
Put the resin bucket in the water and run with us on Sat. I didn't think you would be that afraid of the old potato chip, almost half the run is in the river so you should feel right at home. :D

It won't be the same without you there, come on and make the run!!!!

Sorry man, it's just not going to happen. Here's how the night went...

* Left work at 3 pm, sat in traffic and got to MRD at 6 pm...
* Got back home at 8 pm
* Started working on the boat at 8:30
* Got the new drive together and on the boat by 10 pm.
* Pulled off the 2nd drive and dissasembled the upper. Everything looked good so back together it went.

I still have to tear down the lower and inspect that, then put it all back together, fill it up with oil, launch the boat and go for a test drive.

It's 1 pm and I'm SHOT!!! :eek: Maybe I'll meet you guys out there on your way back, give me a call when you're headded back to NJ.

Sorry man, it's just not going to work out. I gave it my best shot but time wasn't on my side. Have fun, be safe and have a beer for me!

Panther

NJgr8ful 07-09-2005 03:07 AM

Originally Posted by Panther

* Got back home at 8 pm
* Pulled off the 2nd drive and dissasembled the upper. Everything looked good so back together it went.

I still have to tear down the lower and inspect that, then put it all back together, fill it up with oil, launch the boat and go for a test drive.

It's 1 pm and I'm SHOT!!! :eek: Maybe I'll meet you guys out there on your way back, give me a call when you're headded back to NJ.

Sorry man, it's just not going to work out. I gave it my best shot but time wasn't on my side. Have fun, be safe and have a beer for me!

Panther

1am bud ... tired :eek: :) What happened to the drive(s)? Did I miss something? :(

mr_velocity 07-09-2005 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by Stormrider
mr v. what are you running again?
I might be out for a bit, so I'll keep my eyes peeled for ya.

I'll be looking like this.

I'm running an all white 41' Velocity. There will be, well minus panther now, a 51 OL, 45 Sonics, 35 Formula and a 32 Velocity all running. There is also an 80 Sunseeker but he leaves before us so we all meet together up there. If you're in the bay you'll see all the boats rafted up, although I am not sure that we are in Manhasset bay, it't the next right after Manhasset bay.

mr_velocity 07-09-2005 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by Panther

* Got back home at 8 pm

Panther

Hey we're not leaving until 10:30. We'll probably leave JDs sometime between 3 - 4, I'll give you call. Too bad you couldn't make it, we'll miss you. Can't think of a year where you haven't been there.