Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   76 superboat fuel sender location (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/107299-76-superboat-fuel-sender-location.html)

jvschlegel 07-08-2005 07:43 PM

76 superboat fuel sender location

Purchased a 76 24' superboat with a fresh 502 from my uncle. The fuel guage does not work and was wondering if anybody knows were it is located? any help would be great.

jon

tripps 07-08-2005 08:10 PM

Re: 76 superboat fuel sender location

Post that in the Superboat forum,or call JC,lindenhurst ,ny tripps

jvschlegel 07-08-2005 09:21 PM

tried posting it in the SB forum, but said I needed to upgrade my membership.

Dave M 07-09-2005 05:45 AM

The fuel sender is right on top of the tank under the back seat on my '98 I/O. You might be able to it from the engine compartment without removing the seat.

Philip 07-09-2005 07:05 AM

JV,, where are you located? I just had one go bad on my 21' Superboat. I don't know if they are in the same position? but I can tell you who to call. How many gallon tank?

jvschlegel 07-09-2005 04:21 PM

I am currently located south of baltimore, but move back and forth because my wife is in the military. I boat in the philly region down to baltimore.

I can't see the sender from my engine compartment. The tank is 60 gallons. I will try to call JC on monday about the location unless someone can help me out. If it is in a location were I can't get to it, I might cut a new hole in the rear were it is easy to access.

TomFTM 07-09-2005 05:48 PM

What color is the superboat? I had a 76 that I sold about ten years ago. I put a bravo one and twin turbo gale banks 454 in it. Tom :eek:

Philip 07-09-2005 07:41 PM

Ok try this, Is the fuel fill and the vent line located near the rear of the tank,actually 2 1/2" up from the rear edge of the tank, on the starboard side of the centerline??? If it is, my sender was in the middle of the tank, 44" up toward the bow. or from the center of the fuel fill, 41 1/2" up, if you can't see the rear edge of the tank. This is where my sender was located, 60 gallon tank, I would call JC and check it the tank for the 21' and 24' is the same. Or just bring the boat up to Long Island, East Coast Marine changed the sender for me.

jvschlegel 07-09-2005 07:52 PM

It is red on the sides with a white stripe in the middle of it. It is currently powered with a 502/435hp and trs drive. Boat runs great, but needs some little things to complete and paint and upholstry. Lucky me, because I paint, and my step-dad does boat upholstery work.

Now if I can find the location of this damm fuel sender