Notices

SOTW Poker Run

Old 07-10-2005, 08:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SOTW Poker Run

In light of the tragedy that occured during the poker run we seem to have lost sight of fact that it raised money for a very worthy cause.
A lot of people worked long and hard to put on one of the best events that I have ever attended.
The offshore community, is in my opinion, a small and close knit group and events of this type seems to have almost taken on an almost ''family reunion'' type atmosphere. I was able to spend some time with freinds that I don`t get to see very often as well as make new aquaintences.
It was my observation that the unfortunate incident had the effect of drawing the group a little closer. The fact that everyone seemed to rise to the occasion and do whatever they could to help, be it with the initial rescue opperation or making donations to the familys, shows that wer`re not just a bunch of ''Good time Charlies''.
I would like to thank everyone Who helped to put on SOTW for their efforts, they are greatly appreciated.
A special thank you to Marc and Cherie who continued on with the run through what I know was a very difficult time for them.
Again, Thank you all.

Roger Holmberg
Old 07-10-2005, 10:38 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: SOTW Poker Run

Ian and I just rolled in. Marc, Cheri, Bob and their crew did an outstanding job, They seemed to have the logistics of arranging dockage, food, auction items, check in, etc down to a well oiled machine. It amazes that they all seem to know everyones name and take time out to say hi and chat. This is no small feat since there were over 115 boats and most have a crew of 4 or more.

Like everyone else our hearts go out to the victims, and their families, but like Roger said there is a group of people that worked hard to put this event on, they did a great job and thank you for everything. Donna
Old 07-10-2005, 11:00 PM
Registered

The weather was perfect and the water was calm, it was a good job Marc. There was some real power there and the Reliable Carriers and Ruthless are still awesome. I saw the 51 OL, the blue and purple one changing a starter right before the second leg. Even these expensive motors break I liked the vendors there, Cig, Merc Powerquest and the monkey driving the speed boat. That cracked me up. Earlier in the day some kids askid if I had seen a monkey driving a boat, I said yea right funny kid. Then i saw a damn monkey driving a pretty good size boat. And the trainer was using Swipes to clean up after the Monkey. Saw some good old OSOs and Parnell came boat less. You need 4 boats Parn, but then it is possible for all to break at once.
Old 07-10-2005, 11:03 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MitchStellin
You need 4 boats Parn, but then it is possible for all to break at once.
Dude, we came up to RIDE with Parnel. Some host he is.........
Old 07-10-2005, 11:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TwinStepGun
Dude, we came up to RIDE with Parnel. Some host he is.........
If you are gonna trash me, at least spell my name right.

As tough as it was for me to have to drive what I did, I will have 2 boats ready next year so Okkie boy can have something other than a few kozak's, a few dirty glasses and a stray indian dude with a bad attitude to remember his trip by. NK

BTW Maybe even some waves

Just curious. Was it better than the 5 hour dune tour? Maybe you are the problem
Old 07-10-2005, 11:49 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Nauti Kitty
If you are gonna trash me, at least spell my name right.

As tough as it was for me to have to drive what I did, I will have 2 boats ready next year so Okkie boy can have something other than a few kozak's, a few dirty glasses and a stray indian dude with a bad attitude to remember his trip by. NK

BTW Maybe even some waves

Just curious. Was it better than the 5 hour dune tour? Maybe you are the problem
I spelled it right on that bathroom stall. It was WAY better than the dune cruise. Your drive to Florida will be better than that.

We had a blast as usual. Thanks again for everything and thanks to Kurt and Deb for da ride.
Old 07-10-2005, 11:52 PM
Registered

I forgot to say thanks to our crew who were not only fun to be with, but helpful as well. Our boat was packed with friends we met though OSO, KSFlyer's Artic Friend's, Smiling Bob, and Fantastic Voyage. The group kept multiplying and we came home with 11 as we picked up a few friends along the way from broken boats. For the next run, I will be packing a few extra red shirts

Now can someone start posting some of their pictures please

Last edited by Ms PatriYacht; 07-11-2005 at 12:02 AM.
Old 07-10-2005, 11:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Nauti Kitty

I was thinking the same thing plus he wound up landing a pretty fine ride.
Old 07-10-2005, 11:56 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Roger 1
In light of the tragedy that occured during the poker run we seem to have lost sight of fact that it raised money for a very worthy cause.
A lot of people worked long and hard to put on one of the best events that I have ever attended.
The offshore community, is in my opinion, a small and close knit group and events of this type seems to have almost taken on an almost ''family reunion'' type atmosphere. I was able to spend some time with freinds that I don`t get to see very often as well as make new aquaintences.
It was my observation that the unfortunate incident had the effect of drawing the group a little closer. The fact that everyone seemed to rise to the occasion and do whatever they could to help, be it with the initial rescue opperation or making donations to the familys, shows that wer`re not just a bunch of ''Good time Charlies''.
I would like to thank everyone Who helped to put on SOTW for their efforts, they are greatly appreciated.
A special thank you to Marc and Cherie who continued on with the run through what I know was a very difficult time for them.
Again, Thank you all.

Roger Holmberg
Ditto!!!
Dan
Old 07-10-2005, 11:57 PM
Registered

HEY, no picking on people with broken boats. There were many after this event. My new drive will be in by the Chicago Poker Run.

Quick Reply: SOTW Poker Run

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.