Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Contributions for the Smoke on the Water tragedy

What happened? Please let us know
Old 07-11-2005, 06:37 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the thread on the accident was moved to the section where only paying members can view, I forgot what it is called. I believe the owner was from CA, I am not sure if he is a member of the club out there.

Be prepared to spend some time reading, there are about 300 posts and some are kind of long, so sad

Donna
Old 07-11-2005, 06:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Ms PatriYacht
we put some money in the collection bin at the dinner Saturday night. I was planning on sending more, and I would really like to know more information about the victims and the needs of the family. I have heard conflicting stories on the 20 yr old, some said he had a 6 month old baby and some say he is survived by his parents. Who is the gentleman that is missing, some here seem to know him and he seems acquainted with OL, did he own one.
My understanding from the OL folks was that "Jimmy" was the young man whom Chris & I worked on. He was 20 y/o and had just started working for OL. He lived at home helping support his mother.
Mike was the victom not yet found. I believe he was 42 y/o with a six month old as well as one other child I think.He was there with a friend who was buying or wanting to buy an OL. If someone knows more feel free to correct me, this was just the info I got from some OL friends.
Old 07-11-2005, 09:51 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

check in the mail Tuesday ....
Old 07-11-2005, 11:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ditto,bump.
Old 07-12-2005, 09:30 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 42MTI
My understanding from the OL folks was that "Jimmy" was the young man whom Chris & I worked on. He was 20 y/o and had just started working for OL. He lived at home helping support his mother.
Mike was the victom not yet found. I believe he was 42 y/o with a six month old as well as one other child I think.He was there with a friend who was buying or wanting to buy an OL. If someone knows more feel free to correct me, this was just the info I got from some OL friends.
Mike's daughters are six months and six years old. He was there with a friend that owns an OL (42 GTX), but there was not enough room in that boat for everyone. Mike knew Bob Russell and got a ride with him for the run.
Old 07-12-2005, 09:03 PM
Registered

We have donated the use of our plane to the family. It has helped them commute back and forth during this tough time. Our sympathy and prayers go out to the entire family.
Shogren Performance Marine
Old 07-13-2005, 11:12 AM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Words are difficult in light of this enormous loss. Johnny and his family are in our thoughts and prayers. Thanks for the memorial fund info. The check is in the mail.

Randy Sweers and the entire FASTBOATS.COM team
Old 07-13-2005, 11:59 AM
Registered

Received 287 Likes on 106 Posts

i mailed out a check on monday to the johnny and mike fund , to outerlimits ,tsg , you changed the info i would like to see my donation be split beteen the 2.
Old 07-13-2005, 01:50 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by open72
i mailed out a check on monday to the johnny and mike fund , to outerlimits ,tsg , you changed the info i would like to see my donation be split beteen the 2.

I think Steve changed the info I had previously posted. I mailed mine to Outerlimits on Monday with the understanding that it would be distributed to the cause for both of the gentlemen. This was just what they told me Saturday night after the accident.

Quick Reply: Contributions for the Smoke on the Water tragedy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.