Just When You Thought You Were Out, You Get Sucked Back In >

Just When You Thought You Were Out, You Get Sucked Back In

Notices

Just When You Thought You Were Out, You Get Sucked Back In

Old 07-12-2005, 05:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just When You Thought You Were Out, You Get Sucked Back In

I have been boating for 40 years, owned a boat every year for 20 years, been a member here since 2000. My last boat was a 32AT but the cost to operate it became an issue, that and I needed to build another cottage, I have 4 acres on Lake Superior, and I needed a get away. On Memorial Day I find the guy who was logging my land had to go into the State Forrest and stop the Ash Borer, a nasty bug killing millions of trees. So now my plans are shot. This was my "rational" to not buy a boat again but now that was not a good excuse any more. So I went out and bought another boat and I cannot believe I thought I could live without one, what a fool I was. It is nothing like the AT but it gets me out, I can bring the dogs and it can be beached, it still has good speed and is very good on fuel. So now I am back, I have been lurking here but never had anything to add so I just read. Now I can enjoy the water and this site again and realize I cannot live without a boat, ever. It is a 20ft Zodiac RIB, has a Yamaha 4 Stroke EFI 115. It is rated for 11 people or 3200lbs!! The boat weighs 875lbs, the motor 400lbs so 55mph is not a problem. I get 7mpg so far with 4 hours on it, there is a 10hr break-in in the computer so I should see more speed. Over the 4th I went to Grand Mares and we had 9 adults, 3 dogs, 3 coolers and dive gear and we were on plane like a jet ski. It sure is nice to be back on the water. Hope your season has gone well so far. I went from Holland to Grand Haven and back at 3/4 speed and used $25 in fuel, the AT with HP500s would have used $150.
Old 07-12-2005, 05:47 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts
Default Re: Just When You Thought You Were Out, You Get Sucked Back In

With all that money yer savin on gas, you can buy an Apache.

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 07-12-2005, 05:51 PM
Registered

Uh Oh, he said Apache!!!! Now my Thread is going to become a slug fest. I think the "go fast" boats will be a few years down the road, but I always seem to get sucked into one of those after a short time. And I would buy an Apache, a Cig, a Saber, an AT, even a Skater or MTI...if i win the Lottery.
Old 07-12-2005, 06:00 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts

Post some pics and where you got it at Mitch, thanks Jeff
Old 07-12-2005, 07:16 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Your on the the water so it should not matter what you are in, as long you are happy and having fun
Old 07-12-2005, 07:33 PM
Banned

Take comfort in the fact you still have more doggies than Stecz.
Old 07-12-2005, 10:02 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by masi242
Your on the the water so it should not matter what you are in, as long you are happy and having fun

BINGO!!! Congrat's Mitch!

Old 07-12-2005, 10:12 PM
Registered

Thats what I say also, I would buy a 14ft row boat with a 40hp if that was all I could spend. Put a lawn chair in it and you could be stylin. This is a pic of an old one with a 115, this new one has a yamaha. I get them at Wolfs Dive Shop in Benton Harbor. I almost drove to MD to get it if it meant getting it by the 4th, they came thru, though it took some "prodding" This is my third one because I go from this to a go fast then back. I think I am here to stay for a while.
Attached Thumbnails Just When You Thought You Were Out, You Get Sucked Back In-zodiac-small-.jpg  

Last edited by MitchStellin; 07-12-2005 at 10:16 PM.
Old 07-12-2005, 10:19 PM
Lee
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

Let the air out of that thing and replace it with Helium, should be good for a couple of MPH
Old 07-13-2005, 07:32 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by MitchStellin
Thats what I say also, I would buy a 14ft row boat with a 40hp if that was all I could spend. Put a lawn chair in it and you could be stylin. This is a pic of an old one with a 115, this new one has a yamaha. I get them at Wolfs Dive Shop in Benton Harbor. I almost drove to MD to get it if it meant getting it by the 4th, they came thru, though it took some "prodding" This is my third one because I go from this to a go fast then back. I think I am here to stay for a while.

Thanks for the pic Mitch. I am looking for a second boat for tooling around with the kids, tubing, maybe a little fishing, late night run with Sandy, how expensive and or comfortable are these boats, any websites to look at, thanks for your help. Jeff

Quick Reply: Just When You Thought You Were Out, You Get Sucked Back In

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.