Grand Haven-Thanks Red Dog and Dyno

Notices

Grand Haven-Thanks Red Dog and Dyno

Old 07-12-2005, 01:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Grand Haven-Thanks Red Dog and Dyno

Red Dog and Dyno,
Thanks for the help you guys gave me last weekend. I was finally able to get on the water, but it was later than planned. I had to go back to Ft. Wayne Saturday morning so I missed the Poker Run. My daughter called us at 1AM on Saturday to let us know my oldest boxer Duke was ill. We had her take him to a 24 hour emergency vet hospital and they told us he probably wouldn't make it. I asked if he could keep him alive long enough for Kelly and me to get back to see him. We made the 3 hour drive back and Duke was still somewhat alert. Had my two daughters there and my other boxer Rocky as well. We got his tail to wag and said our goodbyes. Kelly wanted to go back to Grand Haven to help keep her mind completely off the loss our loved one. Red Dog, sorry I couldn't catch up with you as planned. I saw you tried calling my cell phone but I left it at home by accident when I went back.
Kevin
Old 07-12-2005, 01:18 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: Grand Haven-Thanks Red Dog and Dyno

I don't know what happened but I am sorry for your loss. It's amazing how much they become part of the family.
Old 07-12-2005, 01:19 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Kevin I am sorry to hear about Duke, Red Dog had thought you might have been having problems with the impeller. Ian and I were looking forward to seeing you and Kelly again, but I realize what you must have been going through. Take care and catch you next time. Donna
Old 07-12-2005, 01:20 PM
Registered

He had a tumor in his stomach that was undetected erupt. He just had a physical two weeks ago and was given a clean bill of health. He was 9 years old. I'm glad we were able to see him alive before he left us.
Old 07-12-2005, 01:24 PM
Registered

Thanks. We're looking forward to catching up with everyone again as well. I heard Mr. Cig was going to be in GH but I didn't see him there. Hope to see you soon.
Kevin
Originally Posted by Ms PatriYacht
Hi Kevin I am sorry to hear about Duke, Red Dog had thought you might have been having problems with the impeller. Ian and I were looking forward to seeing you and Kelly again, but I realize what you must have been going through. Take care and catch you next time. Donna
Old 07-12-2005, 02:14 PM
Registered

nope some of the boats from Hammond went to South Haven to meet with a few apache friends, I thought they might be out and about by the entrances to the card stops, but with all that went on I forgot to look for them, it's been quite on the Chicago forum so I am thinking they still might be on vacation
Old 07-12-2005, 02:48 PM
Registered

Kevin,

So sorry to hear of your loss. I knew something was up when I couldn't get ahold of you Saturday night ... I had no idea it was one of your best friends.

It was a pretty somber atmosphere anyways. Hopefully we can all get together soon under better circumstances.

Glad I could help with some suggestions with the cooling problem.

I finally got to meet my buddy Dyno, his wife, and daughter Autum in person.

Chris
Old 07-12-2005, 04:41 PM
Registered

I didn't have your number on me (It was on speed dial on m cell) so I couldn't get a hold of you. Sorry we couldn't hook up. I am, however, very impressed by how quickly you and Dyno got my issue resolved.

My wife and I will be looking for a new boxer pup to keep Rocky company. He's been acting really strange since Dukes not around. I'm sure he's depressed. I'm hoping a new boxer will bring some life back into him and the family.

I'll keep in touch so we can try to hook up again. I haven't made it to Erie since April. Hoping to get out there soon. I booked a trip to LOTO for a week in August for the races. Hopefully everything will be back to normal by then. Thanks again! Your knowledge is an asset to the forum!
Originally Posted by RedDog382
Kevin,

So sorry to hear of your loss. I knew something was up when I couldn't get ahold of you Saturday night ... I had no idea it was one of your best friends.

It was a pretty somber atmosphere anyways. Hopefully we can all get together soon under better circumstances.

Glad I could help with some suggestions with the cooling problem.

I finally got to meet my buddy Dyno, his wife, and daughter Autum in person.

Chris
Old 07-12-2005, 05:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by dukenrock
I'm hoping a new boxer will bring some life back into him and the family.

Know the loss too well ... still miss my Abigail. Took my new little buddy Ocean along with me this weekend! Took her swimming off the State Park beach for a few hours Sunday evening after the OSO beach party at Baron Marine's. It was a very relaxing day!
Attached Thumbnails Grand Haven-Thanks Red Dog and Dyno-ocean-008.jpg   Grand Haven-Thanks Red Dog and Dyno-ocean-004.jpg   Grand Haven-Thanks Red Dog and Dyno-ocean-012.jpg  

Last edited by RedDog382; 07-12-2005 at 05:21 PM.
Old 07-12-2005, 05:26 PM
Registered

LEOPA Poker Run is July 29,30. Still unsure if I am running full stops ... I might be the pace boat for OSS race in St. Clair MI on 7/30. Hate to break something before then. Might make the downtown Toledo lunch stop, then trailer up to St. Clair.

Quick Reply: Grand Haven-Thanks Red Dog and Dyno

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.