Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
"Wildest Boat Party in the Mid-West" - on A Current Affair tonight at 6:30pm >

"Wildest Boat Party in the Mid-West" - on A Current Affair tonight at 6:30pm

Notices

"Wildest Boat Party in the Mid-West" - on A Current Affair tonight at 6:30pm

Old 07-13-2005, 09:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: "Wildest Boat Party in the Mid-West" - on A Current Affair tonight at 6:30pm

Originally Posted by eyezlee
Can someone please explain to me how or why are Michigan and Ohio considered the midwest? I thought for sure that this thread was about LOTO.

You should have known that the boating capitol of the world would have the best boat parties too
Old 07-13-2005, 09:22 PM
Registered

Default Re: "Wildest Boat Party in the Mid-West" - on A Current Affair tonight at 6:30pm

Here are the lake maps the first one shows moot and gull island (I think that's where jobbie nooner is anyway, I've never been there) the locals can straighten me out if i'm wrong.

and the second one shows them in relation to St Clair it's about 25 miles up the river.
Attached Thumbnails "Wildest Boat Party in the Mid-West" - on A Current Affair tonight at 6:30pm-moot.jpg   "Wildest Boat Party in the Mid-West" - on A Current Affair tonight at 6:30pm-overview.jpg  
Old 07-13-2005, 11:48 PM
Registered

Yep, Jobbienooner is at Gull where the arrow is. It's always the first Friday of summer and they have another there the Saturday after Labor Day.

Any other weekend, like July 29-30, the party is in Big Muscamoot Bay ( used to be in Little Muscamoot when the water was higher). In the red area below there will usually be 1000+ boats anchored and rafted with 100-200+ tied into a party raft gauntlet - 2 lines rafted stern to stern with about 50 feet between the lines. The thing I think it has over places like LOTO or 76 Falls is that it's in waist deep water with a sand bottom, so you're not stuck hopping from boat to boat or floating with a fun noodle all the time. You just grab a few beers and walk through.

On August 13 we will hold our 2nd attempt at breaking the world record for most boats rafted at a time. Check out Lakestclairraft.com for info.
Attached Thumbnails "Wildest Boat Party in the Mid-West" - on A Current Affair tonight at 6:30pm-moot2.jpg  
Old 07-14-2005, 01:26 PM
Registered

Just saw it. Frankly I'm kind of glad they didn't choose LOTO. We've already had enough negative publicity. A few years ago, they even tried to make raft ups of more than 3 boats illegal.
Old 06-22-2006, 08:17 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't believe the Jobbie Nooner party hasn't been discussed on this site. Is anyone from here going?
I will be pulling out at 6 AM tomorrow.
Old 06-22-2006, 01:31 PM
Registered

I'm not looking to hijack this thread, but it is answering questions I was asking in my other thread ( titled New Member Looking for Boat Advice). I am moving to Dearborn soon, and have been wondering if Erie or St Clair had a party cove atmosphere. This thread appears to answer that question. So for people familiar with that lake, what is the minimum high performance boat you would need for that lake, either a cat or v, as I understand the wind pushes some chop, but it isn't as bad as LOTO.
Old 06-22-2006, 01:58 PM
Registered

BajaIceBreaker, Make sure you bring your camera and post some pics for us.....in the UC section if need be
Old 06-22-2006, 02:02 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by rlj676
I'm not looking to hijack this thread, but it is answering questions I was asking in my other thread ( titled New Member Looking for Boat Advice). I am moving to Dearborn soon, and have been wondering if Erie or St Clair had a party cove atmosphere. This thread appears to answer that question. So for people familiar with that lake, what is the minimum high performance boat you would need for that lake, either a cat or v, as I understand the wind pushes some chop, but it isn't as bad as LOTO.
welcome to the area, Lake St Clair has several party cove type areas, the largest one they call they Moot, short for Muscamoot Bay, and the area where Jobbie Nooner is Gull Island, to me it is dirty and barron and the water around it can be deep and cold. If you get their early on the weekends you can beach you boat. Lots of vollyball played on the island. There are several local Lake St Clair forum web sites the best one being Lake St Clair Network. If you are young, and like to party join that site and in no time you will know a ton of people. Boats range in all sizes, I would say to be safe a 25' or larger is important. You see everthing out there from row boats with out board motors, ski boats, offshores, and 50' cruisers. Just depends how far you want to travel, stay around the party areas and you can get by with something on the smallerside. I am not as familiar with the in water hot spots on Lake Erie but there are several. Of course if you want hot spots on land, check out Kelly's Island, and Put In Bay. There is also an offshore club on Lake Erie, and they have a section here in the club forums. You would probably want a 28' boat or longer to be able to run with the members
Have fun
Old 06-22-2006, 02:07 PM
Registered

It is sad looking back over this thread, I remember my posts and asking Bill27 to post some information because he knew Lake St Clair like the back of his hand. Unfortunately even though he was just in his 40's he passed away suddenly early this year
Old 06-22-2006, 02:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Ms PatriYacht
welcome to the area, Lake St Clair has several party cove type areas, the largest one they call they Moot, short for Muscamoot Bay, and the area where Jobbie Nooner is Gull Island, to me it is dirty and barron and the water around it can be deep and cold. If you get their early on the weekends you can beach you boat. Lots of vollyball played on the island. There are several local Lake St Clair forum web sites the best one being Lake St Clair Network. If you are young, and like to party join that site and in no time you will know a ton of people. Boats range in all sizes, I would say to be safe a 25' or larger is important. You see everthing out there from row boats with out board motors, ski boats, offshores, and 50' cruisers. Just depends how far you want to travel, stay around the party areas and you can get by with something on the smallerside. I am not as familiar with the in water hot spots on Lake Erie but there are several. Of course if you want hot spots on land, check out Kelly's Island, and Put In Bay. There is also an offshore club on Lake Erie, and they have a section here in the club forums. You would probably want a 28' boat or longer to be able to run with the members
Have fun
Thanks for the reply. This is starting to look like good news for me. I will be moving up from MO and had been planning on boating on LOTO, and was going to miss that. It looks like I may not have to, and it will be less of a drive. Because I will be moving somewhere new and am 25 and single this sounds like a great way to meet some people outside of work. Another thing I have been trying to find out is do most people trailer their boats, or have slips, or put in service, etc. Are there houses and condos on the water with docks, or just public ramps. Thanks again.

Quick Reply: "Wildest Boat Party in the Mid-West" - on A Current Affair tonight at 6:30pm

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.