Notices

Am I Overreacting ?

Old 07-13-2005, 02:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Am I Overreacting ?

Just wondering what other peoples experience at their dealerships is when it comes to warranty work and customer service. My new Baja has been back to the dealer a few times for warranty work. Nothing serious, but it is a pain to haul it out of the slip and drive the 30 minutes to the dealer. And the fact that the weather is great and i'm boatless is a frustrating. The real problem is the attitude of the staff at the dealer. They won't call me when the parts come in or when the repairs are complete. Their answer is always "call tomorrow or later". When i've asked for them to call me, they say o.k., but no call. I have to hound them. Is this normal? I've been incolved in the customer service business for 15 years. I would have been reemed out royally for this b.s. This morning i finally blew up after i called and was told my boat should be ready today, but call to find out. My answer is unprintable...but you get the drift of what i said. Am i overreacting? I always enjoy the boards differing opinions on topics. Thanks.
Old 07-13-2005, 02:12 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Re: Am I Overreacting ?

Sounds bout right for the boating biz.
Many of them suck.

But you are not overreacting. I think we're all in the same boat.
Old 07-13-2005, 02:29 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sounds about right for the marine biz... wait till its out of warranty and you are paying somebody with that chitty attitude to fix your boat....
Old 07-13-2005, 02:48 PM
CMG
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Try bringing a Ford truck in for service some day
Old 07-13-2005, 02:54 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

my ford dealer is great..... gets me in and out with a diesel service usually in 30 minutes with no appt....
Old 07-13-2005, 03:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BOSS245
Just wondering what other peoples experience at their dealerships is when it comes to warranty work and customer service. My new Baja has been back to the dealer a few times for warranty work. Nothing serious, but it is a pain to haul it out of the slip and drive the 30 minutes to the dealer. And the fact that the weather is great and i'm boatless is a frustrating. The real problem is the attitude of the staff at the dealer. They won't call me when the parts come in or when the repairs are complete. Their answer is always "call tomorrow or later". When i've asked for them to call me, they say o.k., but no call. I have to hound them. Is this normal? I've been incolved in the customer service business for 15 years. I would have been reemed out royally for this b.s. This morning i finally blew up after i called and was told my boat should be ready today, but call to find out. My answer is unprintable...but you get the drift of what i said. Am i overreacting? I always enjoy the boards differing opinions on topics. Thanks.

Sounds like our local Baja dealer.
Old 07-13-2005, 03:13 PM
CMG
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Sean H
my ford dealer is great..... gets me in and out with a diesel service usually in 30 minutes with no appt....

I meant to say warrantee work
Old 07-13-2005, 03:16 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by CMG
I meant to say warrantee work
thankfully, i haven't had any warranty issues yet...
Old 07-13-2005, 03:27 PM
CMG
VIP Member
VIP Member

in a nut shell: wife drives truck - center link comes apart - crashes into wall - have witnesses that heard metal snap and drag prior to impact - Ford tells us to go f*ck ourselves and fix with insurance.
Old 07-13-2005, 03:41 PM
Registered

Received 743 Likes on 401 Posts

Welcome to the jungle of customer service as it is in the boating industry. Not all are bad...in fact, some are quite good. Unfortunately, compared to the auto industry there are a disproportionate number of dealers whom provide mediocre to poor customer service.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.