Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Donzi 27 ZX 97 Twin Step (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/107748-donzi-27-zx-97-twin-step.html)

Bryan Rose 07-14-2005 08:26 PM

Donzi 27 ZX 97 Twin Step

Considering purchasing this model... Any things to look for about them . I am new to looking at Donzi's, but not boats. I have been over on Donzi .net but it seems they all have older classics and don't much care for the newer boats. , Good hull bad hull in different.... help me out here. Boat has a bravo 1 and what looks to be a blue merc hp 500 in it.
HE is asking 34,500.00 for it less trailer. What is it really worth? What do you think will buy it and any help finding a trailer for it , I am in Georgia.
Thanks for the help.

Bryan

Bryan Rose 07-15-2005 01:13 PM

Re: Donzi 27 ZX 97 Twin Step

Only 11 views and no responce.....sucks being the new guy here or else no likes a Donzi, or knows much about them...... remember we all have to start some where. Hell I did not even get a welcome to the boads message...At least got that over on Hotboat when Ifirst started posting over there 2 years ago.

Bryan

Dean Ferry 07-15-2005 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by Bryan Rose
Only 11 views and no responce.....sucks being the new guy here or else no likes a Donzi, or knows much about them...... remember we all have to start some where. Hell I did not even get a welcome to the boads message...At least got that over on Hotboat when Ifirst started posting over there 2 years ago.

Bryan

Bryan,
Welcome to OSO, you will like it here. Don't have any experience with any Donzi's, their newer boats arebad a$$ if you ask me. Look on boattraderonline and see what the $$ are for that boat.
Good luck,
Dean

mjpcowboy 07-15-2005 02:20 PM

I would stay 99 or newer, as the steps were redesigned making it a better handling boat. 99 models had many improvements over the older ZX's. Price seems to be a little high as you should be able to get into a 99. I would really look for a 28ZX with twin small blocks you should be able to find some great deals on one. I had a 26ZX and a buddy of mine has a 28ZX much nicer boat and not much more money used.

Bryan Rose 07-15-2005 03:36 PM

Thanks for the reply fella's looking forward to getting into bigger. Currently have a small 18 foot 80 mph big block jet.

Bryan

33donzidaytona 07-16-2005 10:57 AM

I agree on the post 99 models. I have a 99 33' daytona and I really like the speed, beam and hull construction. really nice boat that does 85 MPH on HP500 EFI's.

MSk

Bryan Rose 07-16-2005 11:42 AM

Can't seem to convinced the wife I neexd to spend over 50K, and really for that matter nor do I ....will I be sorry I bought the 97 model...I have been told this twin step is actually same design as the factory 1 race boat Damn DONZI?