Notices

Engine Rebuild pics.. BBC

Old 07-17-2005, 10:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine Rebuild pics.. BBC

Check the link.

http://groups.msn.com/TwinTurboStroker/boatmotor.msnw

Engine had 192 original hours, internals were perfect, so they got treated to a cleaning, polishing, honing, new moly rings, clevite bearings, cam bearings, and performance camshaft. Upgraded to a Edelbrock Performance Marine Camshaft, Edelbrock Performer Intake, Edelbrock 1410 750 Marine Carb, Crane Gold Roller Rockers, Hamburgers 10 Quart Oil Pan, Performance Products SFI balancer. I also converted the cooling system to a CP Performance SS crossover w/ bypass and picked up a Mando alternator.

Externally she was hurting, so I had every component that could be ceramic coated done with a 1300 degree Ceramic Coating applied by the guys @ HyperKote. The Engine and accesories were sprayed with Dupont Emron.

Overall it turned out pretty good. The overhaul w/ paint and coating was done in 10 days in my spare time.

I expect it to generate ~400hp and be stone cold reliable.

Last edited by TwinTurboStroker; 07-17-2005 at 10:20 PM.
Old 07-17-2005, 10:17 PM
Registered

Default Re: Engine Rebuild pics.. BBC

THe link didn't work for me--would you checkit and repost?

I'm interested in same project this winter on my BBC's.
Old 07-17-2005, 10:21 PM
Registered

Fixed.

Sorry About That.
Old 07-17-2005, 11:32 PM
Registered

Thanks for the update--how pricey was the coating? Looks you had them do the exhaust manifolds also--will htat help with the corrosion where they bolt to the block?

I've got a set of GLM manifolds and risers I need to install and I'd get them coated it the price was within reason and there was a benefit beyonf looks
Old 07-17-2005, 11:47 PM
Registered

very nice job!!!
Old 07-17-2005, 11:53 PM
Registered

I had a package deal on the coating, $550 for everything, although standard pricing on cast iron BBC manifolds is ~$300.

As for coating benefits, this is the first time I've used Ceramic coating upon a marine application, so I have no data to report yet. These manifolds were used and had some corrosion, but nothing a hot tank and a media blaster couldn't handle. I resurfaced them prior to coating and expect them to look just as they do now when I upgrade to a set of performance manifolds next season. The ceramic coating was applied inside and out, and inside the water passages.

I have utilized Jet-Hot 2000 degree coatings on my vehicle builds and it's worth every penny. Retains heat within pipng, doesn't crack, chip, fade, or peel, resists corrosion, impervious to grease, oil, solvents, and has a lifetime warranty on new components.

The objective of the coating on this setup is to successfully endure within a marine environment, the appearance is just a byproduct.
Old 07-18-2005, 12:21 AM
Registered

I'm going to call them tomorrow and see about getting these risers done at least. I've got freshwater cooling so the manifolds aren't a real problem. The wear I've seen so far on those is where they bolt to block. The GLM's are supposed to be coated in side but I haven't seen them yet--they are up at installers garage for the moment.
Old 07-18-2005, 12:27 AM
Registered

Great.

Tell them Brade (pronounced Brady) sent ya.

Bill @ Hyperkote will take good care of you.

Hyperkote - (407) 445-2026

Originally Posted by Poorsche
I'm going to call them tomorrow and see about getting these risers done at least.
Old 07-18-2005, 05:26 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

TTS ..looks nice....let us know how it works out ...those mainifolds and risers scare me some what thought ...would hate to Hrdro that new motor .... I guess there are a Gazillion of em out there though ....JUSt seems when they get some age on em ....you just never know ....sweet though ....
Old 07-18-2005, 06:24 AM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

looks nice , i'd do someting about that hose...
Attached Thumbnails Engine Rebuild pics..  BBC-marine%2520454%2520ds%2520front.jpg  

Quick Reply: Engine Rebuild pics.. BBC

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.