Notices

What Would You Do???

Old 07-18-2005, 08:11 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Would You Do???

We were pulling the boat out of the water yesterday evening and all was well. My wife comes back to the boat from the truck as I am getting everything out and she was shook up over something. After I hand down our things I get out and talk to her and here was her story.

A woman and her baby were pulling her boat out of the water. After they get the truck stopped to strap down, the husband flys out of the boat to the driver side of the truck and rears back and lets one fly ad hits his wife in the jaw WHILE she was holding their baby. I immediately got so mad that I started shaking and began looking for them. We saw them driving off as we were leaving so I followed them out of the park. We also called the Police and informed them of the situation and the vehicles that the couple were in. (he was in a different truck pulling a RV) I find them pulled over at the pump out station and cut right between them and cut him off where he couldn't leave nor here the wife and my coversation. At first she denied anything when I asked if he just hit her, but then when I told her we knew tears filled her eyes and she said yes. I told her to roll up the windows and look to the front and don't look back till I got back in the truck. I got out and walked back to my buddy's car who was also getting out to go take care of this AZZ when his 13-14 yr old son gets out and comes back there to stand with his Dad.
So now I figured out I couldn't beat this guy with his little boy watching, so we left and waited for them at the park entrance with the police. Of course by the time that the couple drove up he had already been on the cell phone with her clearing up their story. After 20 minutes of questioning the man and woman both told the same story and denied the incident and off they drove without him getting anything done to him.

What would you have done? Beat him with the boy watching, call the cops or what? I'm so pissed that the wife wouldn't help herself when we were all there trying to help her.

Sorry so long
Lonestar
Old 07-18-2005, 08:26 AM
Registered

Default Re: What Would You Do???

That sucks. I think you did the right thing though. Beating the guy in front of his kid wouldn't not have been cool (for the kid). He'll get his....
Old 07-18-2005, 08:31 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Beat his azz anyway so his kid knows not to hit women.
Old 07-18-2005, 08:46 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

The kid probably would have enjoyed it. If he hits the wife like that, I'm sure the kid gets beat frequently too.
Old 07-18-2005, 08:52 AM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

That sux! Not sure how I would have handled it even in hindsite. You did more than most and certainly the right thing! That kid is going to grow up thinking it's OK to hit women, not sure if watching his dad get beat up would have helped or hurt his future.
Thanks for trying, she's a dumbazz for taking it and covering it!
Old 07-18-2005, 08:53 AM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave M
The kid probably would have enjoyed it. If he hits the wife like that, I'm sure the kid gets beat frequently too.
Good point! Your probably right.
Old 07-18-2005, 09:35 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

What's the correct thing to do...beat the tar out of him. What's the correct thing to do in today's society considering the legal environment...just what you did. They would have come together just like they did and you would be the one serving jail time, possible loss of job, and having your family endure stess over the situation.

But that dude is a chicken sh!t lame ass whose idea of being a tough guy is hitting a woman holding a baby...pathetic.
Old 07-18-2005, 09:39 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

It would have been nice to flat out kick his azz...but then the real chitstorm would have started. Maybe/Hopefully she will get some help and take care of the a-hole on her own!!
Old 07-18-2005, 09:50 AM
Registered

I think you made the right decision, if the kid wasn't there Im sure you would have made the right decision also.
Old 07-18-2005, 10:10 AM
Registered

I think that you showed control and did the right thing. Tough calls to make in the heat of the moment. I don`t know what else you could have done, at that point, that would have helped the situation.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.