fox lake, IL...water levels? >

fox lake, IL...water levels?

Notices

fox lake, IL...water levels?

Old 07-20-2005, 09:05 AM
yss
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: fox lake, IL...water levels?

Originally Posted by klaw
I live on the fox river just north of Mchenry I will have to start leaving ny boat off of the lift do to the water level. The area aroun Blarneys will soon be unusable do to the level last week my slip was to shallow to pull the boat fully in. Water levels are terribble I know people south of McHenry lock unable to get boats off of lifts, At Blarneys they are saying the Blarney Queen is a good alternative to get to the Island do to the low level. I was not there Sunday but a friend who was there said they had closed some of the slips closest to the Island do to fear of boats getting stuck in the Mud.
I live on Lake Marie (one lake north of Grass Lake). The water level is down about a foot from normal levels. I was out boating all weekend and I was also out last night. I was at "The Island" Saturday and Sunday this weekend and they do have the slips closest to the Island blocked off and I assumed it was so people didn't get stuck in the mud. I do have a few more dings on the prop than normal this year and I have a few friends who can't get their boats on their lifts. I am not having a problem yet. It would be a good idea to have someone on the boat who knows the lakes well and can help navigate the shallow areas. By the way you will not hit any rocks on Grass lake only mud so keep an eye on those temp gages.

If you do go out to Blarney DO NOT back your boat into the slip. This is a rule you do not break even when the water is higher than normal. See you Thursday night.
Old 07-20-2005, 09:06 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 949 Likes on 478 Posts

Hell, i remember jetskiing years back and blowing an exhaust coupler on grass lake......we were STANDING in waist deep water fixing it no more then 15' away from the channel marker!!! i cant imagine how the lakes must be with the level even lower!!!

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 07-20-2005, 09:09 AM
Registered

Wow,you guys must really be in a drought
What happened to the normal Chicago week (sunny all week rain all weekend) I don't ever remember the lake getting low to the point Blarney's was closing slips, that sucks I will be back there in a few weeks and planned on hitting the boat races!!! Sandbars must be pretty shallow, ankle deep???
Old 07-20-2005, 09:10 AM
yss
Registered

Originally Posted by Smitty
I concur with Sonic31 . I have a 36 Outlaw and if it gets any worse I will be driving to Lk. Michigan to finish out the summer. If you do not know exactly where to go I highly recommend that you leave your boat at home and take the Blarney barge. I have a slip for the thursday races but I can't use it because I will get stuck.

Sorry for the bad news !!!

Smitty,

What does your boat look like? Blue with ghost flames?
Old 07-20-2005, 09:29 AM
VIP Member

YSS--

It has a red and black thin stripe front to back and the yellow circle with the crosshairs in it at the back with red checkerboard around it. It has the name "Doctor's orders" on the sides. Can't miss it !! You might not see me but you will hear it !!! Looks like you have an all white scarab?? Is it a 21 footer ?? I had an 89 and it was a great boat.
Old 07-20-2005, 11:58 AM
Registered

thanks everyone...thats the advice i was lookin for...the barge it is!!!

whats up the "no backing in rule" never heard about that. just cuz of the shallow water or what? i think in the past we'd always back in to the slip.

anyways....thanks again for the advice and will be there on thursday!!!

kevin
Old 07-20-2005, 11:59 AM
Registered

if its running in the shallow water that is!!!
Old 07-20-2005, 01:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by FOUNTAINATLAST
Wow,you guys must really be in a drought
What happened to the normal Chicago week (sunny all week rain all weekend) I don't ever remember the lake getting low to the point Blarney's was closing slips, that sucks I will be back there in a few weeks and planned on hitting the boat races!!! Sandbars must be pretty shallow, ankle deep???
Yeah its been close to 90 plus degrees here for the last 2 plus weeks, and no real rain for like 2 plus months,everything is brown around here, pretty bad
Old 07-20-2005, 01:36 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You guys need one of these.....

Attached Thumbnails fox lake, IL...water levels?-pulse.jpg  
Old 07-20-2005, 01:45 PM
Warped & Twisted Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For you guys heading to the Island this Thursday, bring lots of scantily clad women for Ron P to photo

Quick Reply: fox lake, IL...water levels?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.