Thanks to Quiet Storm Roger and Peggy >

Thanks to Quiet Storm Roger and Peggy

Notices

Thanks to Quiet Storm Roger and Peggy

Old 07-20-2005, 10:42 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks to Quiet Storm Roger and Peggy

I'd like to thank Roger and Peggy for being gracious and running our boat for us this past weekend. Flat water, warm temperatures and wonderful company to spend the day with.
Roger did an excellent job at running the Cigarette, just like he'd been running the boat for years. Truly a professional at the wheel.
Old 07-20-2005, 11:57 AM
Registered

Default Re: Thanks to Quiet Storm Roger and Peggy

Originally Posted by Crazyhorse
I'd like to thank Roger and Peggy for being gracious and running our boat for us this past weekend. Flat water, warm temperatures and wonderful company to spend the day with.
Roger did an excellent job at running the Cigarette, just like he'd been running the boat for years. Truly a professional at the wheel.
Does this mean the Quiet Storm is not going to be at the Chicago Poker Run?? or with new B-Max's??
Old 07-20-2005, 01:11 PM
Registered

I think I remember him saying that Mel Riggs was installing #6 Speedmasters with Cyborg transmissions. Getting ready for next year's motors already I guess.
Kaama, he's gonna blow the big yella banana's doors right off. So wave goodbye.
Attached Thumbnails Thanks to Quiet Storm Roger and Peggy-roger-peggy.jpg   Thanks to Quiet Storm Roger and Peggy-roger.jpg   Thanks to Quiet Storm Roger and Peggy-roger1.jpg  

Last edited by Crazyhorse; 07-20-2005 at 01:30 PM.
Old 07-20-2005, 01:27 PM
Registered

I don't think I've ever been in such flat water in the Cigarette as what we had on Saturday. Roger and Peggy ran us up to White Lake, running about 3800 rpm or 42 mph. On the run back to Muskegon he was running it up around 4200, (he and I were remarking about the boost being at zero at 4200) about 54 mph, with an increase to 4600, about 58 mph, for the last 2 miles to the Muskegon pierhead.
The water was only about 46 degrees so the engines don't make much water temp but with the oil temps at 230 the oil doesn't accumulate any moisture.
I'd trust them to run the boat anywhere, anytime.
Attached Thumbnails Thanks to Quiet Storm Roger and Peggy-peggy-barb.jpg   Thanks to Quiet Storm Roger and Peggy-roger-me.jpg  
Old 07-20-2005, 08:27 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Dave

I appreciated the opportunity to have driven your Cigarette. It's not often that someone ask you to drive their boat for them. Like I told you the boat seems to drive itself. Peggy and I were glad that we got to spend time with you and Barb up in your neck of the woods. The change of scenery was refreshing.

The last time I drove a Cigarette I had a Modelo beer and the peasant owner didn't know how to deal with it. I wanted to show him a class act on a classic boat. This guy even tried to blame his rusty nuts on me. No class at all.

I hope your arm is feeling better. Your medication was working good the other day. We were running in 6 footers and you didn't seem to notice at all.

Thanks for a great day and we hope to see you guys real soon. Like this weekend.

Roger
Old 07-20-2005, 08:30 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by KSFLYER1
Does this mean the Quiet Storm is not going to be at the Chicago Poker Run?? or with new B-Max's??
It's going to be close. The XR's are being worked on as I type.
Old 07-20-2005, 09:34 PM
Charter Member#330
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Quiet Storm
Dave

I appreciated the opportunity to have driven your Cigarette. It's not often that someone ask you to drive their boat for them. Like I told you the boat seems to drive itself. Peggy and I were glad that we got to spend time with you and Barb up in your neck of the woods. The change of scenery was refreshing.

The last time I drove a Cigarette I had a Modelo beer and the peasant owner didn't know how to deal with it. I wanted to show him a class act on a classic boat. This guy even tried to blame his rusty nuts on me. No class at all.

I hope your arm is feeling better. Your medication was working good the other day. We were running in 6 footers and you didn't seem to notice at all.

Thanks for a great day and we hope to see you guys real soon. Like this weekend.

Roger
Who you calling a peasant? I live on the other side of Austin.

Glad you guys had fun.

Mark
Old 07-20-2005, 10:37 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I didn't name any names Feeling guilty.
Old 07-21-2005, 05:14 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you hear that? That giant sucking sound? I've known Dave for years and never had a ride in that resin bucket and Roger gets to drive! you must be special!!! I've only seen it on the water twice, If my Sonic is running Dave runs to the other end of the lake to keep my curse from rubbing off on him!
Old 07-21-2005, 05:27 AM
Registered

Geez Dyno, Dave has taken me for a ride on the Cig and I have also docked it a couple of times for him......Doesn't Dave like you!!!!!! Fred

Quick Reply: Thanks to Quiet Storm Roger and Peggy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.