Plain Vanilla is finally mine. >

Plain Vanilla is finally mine.

Notices

Plain Vanilla is finally mine.

Old 07-22-2005, 11:38 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Plain Vanilla is finally mine.

Fred

Why don't you bring it by Hammond. I know a bunch of guys that would love to take a look at it and offer as much advise (BS) that you could handle. We will find a spot for you.

Roger
Old 07-23-2005, 06:58 PM
Registered

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

I'll do that. We went to Canada today to clean off the scum from the hull. Came right off. Of course, took PV for nice ride up the St Clair river today. I had thought the offshore stuff was going on this weekend at St Clair, so we wanted to check it out, but it is next week. Oh well, I'll miss that race. The boat is being trucked over Monday. We're going to give it a very good cleaning and waxing, and then put it in next Saturday AM. If we drive it to Hammond, where we should we go; who should we ask for?
BTW - the boat ran great today. I was going to play with learning the drive trim, but the middle drive indicator is hung up in the middle of the range, although the drive moves in and out fine. When's its out of the water next week, I'll fix whatever is wrong with that issue.
Old 07-23-2005, 09:21 PM
Registered

Fred, nice ride. Where do you boat out of in St. Joe ?
Old 07-24-2005, 08:32 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by dlbCheckmate
Fred, nice ride. Where do you boat out of in St. Joe ?

I live in one of the condos just up the river from Harbor Isle and below Brian's. My condo faces sorta East, directly across from the derelict wooden boat sitting on the bottom. You'll see the boat in one of my slips next Saturday morning, unless I'm out on the lake. If you want to stop by, please do.

To get here, hug the slips coming from Harbor Isle.
Old 07-25-2005, 09:00 PM
Registered

Fred, I know the spot well. We launch from the DNR dock across the river. I don't know how often I'll get out this year, we just sold our house on Miami Rd so I have a little further to drive now with the new job.

Good Luck, Dave B
Old 07-26-2005, 09:26 PM
Registered

Finally arrived. It is on land at Brian's Marina in St Joe. I'm out of town right now, but my wife and kid went over and started cleaning. They are going to give it a couple of coats of wax.

I'm taking Friday off. I need to check out why the center drive indicator is stuck in the midle. My kid says the linkage is connected at the drive, so something must have broke on the dash indiactor.

I also have to check out high fuel pressure on the middle engine - reads 12psi. Loads up a lot at idle. Hopefully just a regulator adjustment.

Then I'll have Brian drop it in the water Friday afternoon for the first drive down the river and out to the lake.

Not sure where we'll go with it Saturday, but maybe Hammond or South Haven or Holland. What are the water cops like up there or in Pastrick? There are no mufflers on this boat. All the water cops around here know my kid, so I got a free pass here. I think a couple of them want a ride anyway.

If anybody's in St Joe this weekend and Plain Vanilla is in the slip - stop by. Just remember, come in from Harbor Isle, starting at the bridge, and hug the slips - it gets real shallow toward the middle of the river real fast. I've got 7 feet of water at my slips.
Old 07-28-2005, 07:24 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I should be able to get my hands on the arial of plain vanilla tonight. Once I have it I can scan it and send it to you monday
Old 08-12-2005, 02:22 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 28 Posts

Have ya run the boat yet ??

Cougarman
Old 08-12-2005, 02:34 PM
Registered

Yup
Two weeks ago was out on the lake. Ran down to New Buffalo, then up to South Haven, then back to St Joe, where we hooked up with "Full House", a really nice new boat (Outer Limits, I think) and went up and down the shore at speed with him for quite a while. Not sure how fast we were going because I didn't have GPS on the boat, but we were up at 5300 rpm or so for quite a while.
Last weekend, I went out, but the middle engine was flooded by the time I got out of the harbor, so i had to turn around.
This Saturday I have to change a fuel pressure regulator that goes to full pressure and stays there, causing the engine to flood at idle. I should get it done fairly quickly and go for a spin before the rain comes.
Old 08-18-2005, 09:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bmanafort
I should be able to get my hands on the arial of plain vanilla tonight. Once I have it I can scan it and send it to you monday

Hi bmanafort
Any luck getting that arial shot scanned?

Update on the boat - changed out the fpr and got the pressure down to around 6 psi instead of 12+. Ran great going out of the harbor, with some mild loading up, goosing the throttles cleared it up quickly. Out on the lake it ran great. On the way back in, it was loading up worse. Probably a bad needle/seat. Going to replace all 4 needle/seats on the carbs, and inspect power valves and floats. May have to drive out to Lane on Saturday to get some more carb parts, but should have it running fine by Saturday afternoon. Looks like the lake will be 1-3 footers. Sounds good to me!
Wanted to go to the air show, but it looks like 7 footers beyond 5 miles, and 4 footers in Chicago. That will not be fun trying to watch the show in that mess.

Hope to meet some of you next weekend in Michigan City.

Quick Reply: Plain Vanilla is finally mine.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.