Notices

Rye Beach, NH

Old 07-20-2005, 07:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rye Beach, NH

I will be up in Rye Beach, NH the week after next. Anyone been there before? What is there to do and see? Any good places to eat? How far is the Outerlimits factory from there?
Old 07-20-2005, 08:34 PM
CMG
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Rye Beach, NH

Originally Posted by mpally
I will be up in Rye Beach, NH the week after next. Anyone been there before? What is there to do and see? Any good places to eat? How far is the Outerlimits factory from there?
Rye Beah doesn't have a lot for attractions other than a beautiful beach, go north 1 town to Portsmouth for a ton of restaurants and night life, south 1 town to Hampton Beach to stare at thongs and sit in traffic. O/l is about 1.5 hr ride south.
bringing a boat?
Old 07-20-2005, 10:21 PM
Registered

No boat. Is there much boat activity up there? Also, apparently our cabin doesn't not have a/c. Will this be a problem and is this common up there? I did none of the planning for this trip and I am wondering how relaxing the trip will be. I know here in St. Louis there is no way I could live without a/c. I hope it is much cooler and less humid up there.
Old 07-20-2005, 11:11 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Ussually no AC is not a issue at all. Last two weeks if I was in a place with out it I would be heading to the store to buy it!!! Not sure how you picked Rye... Nice place, are you on the water? Portsmouth is a cool little town. You can also go to Newbury Port, MA. Outerlimits is in Rhode Island. It is about a 1.5 hour drive as has been said. IF you plan on driving down make SURE you call first to let them know you are coming. You can try your hand at surfing at Hampton. Be aware the water is a little colder then LOTO Give me a call when you get into town. I may be working in the area, maybe we can hook up for dinner.

Jon
Old 07-20-2005, 11:18 PM
Registered

I had no input on this vacation. The future inlaws are paying for it all, so I can't complain. They have been going to Rye Beach for a few years. We have 4 cabins on the beach. They said the water is pretty cold, but if we don't have a/c, I may be spending a lot of time in the water. I will be fine as long as it is cool at night. I can't sleep when it is hot.
Old 07-21-2005, 06:28 AM
Registered

There's tons of outlet shopping in Kittery, ME which is close by. Take a ride up Rt 1 (ME) and you'll find lots of places to eat. Lake Winnipesaukee is about an hour and 15 minutes away.
Old 07-21-2005, 06:28 AM
CMG
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by mpally
I had no input on this vacation. The future inlaws are paying for it all, so I can't complain. They have been going to Rye Beach for a few years. We have 4 cabins on the beach. They said the water is pretty cold, but if we don't have a/c, I may be spending a lot of time in the water. I will be fine as long as it is cool at night. I can't sleep when it is hot.
The upside to colder water is the wind off the water always makes the coast a little cooler, you'll be fine at night.
Remind me a couple days before you get there, my boats up the lake but I'm getting it back maybe this week and will go back out of Newburyport for couple weeks, I may be able to take you for a spin out of Rye Harbor.
Old 07-21-2005, 11:34 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I live next town over, and launch out of rye, you want to hit Saunders on Sunday afternoons, at 3ish they have regga which brings lots people and is always a good time http://www.saundersatryeharbor.com/index.html, you want to go to Portsmouth and Newburyport both great nightlife and plenty to do during the day, what are the dates that you will be here? PM me if you need more info. also you are 1 hour away from Lake Wnnipesaukee, to me it would be worth the drive.Bob
Old 07-21-2005, 12:59 PM
Registered

The Donzi Poker Run and the Baja Poker Run are next saturday, 30th July! Its worth a trip to Winni....

Woodsy
Old 07-21-2005, 01:34 PM
CMG
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by WHOSNEXT
I live next town over, and launch out of rye, you want to hit Saunders on Sunday afternoons, at 3ish they have regga which brings lots people and is always a good time http://www.saundersatryeharbor.com/index.html, you want to go to Portsmouth and Newburyport both great nightlife and plenty to do during the day, what are the dates that you will be here? PM me if you need more info. also you are 1 hour away from Lake Wnnipesaukee, to me it would be worth the drive.Bob

Bob I forgot all about Saunder's, I used to go there 10-15 years ago for Sunday afternoons - it always hopped.

Quick Reply: Rye Beach, NH

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.