Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   I Need Opinion From You (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/108305-i-need-opinion-you.html)

AIR TIME 07-22-2005 10:51 PM

I Need Opinion From You

Alright I am working on a concept of making custom rugs for the cabin and cockpit of boats ,they would be handtuffed so I could do fades and blends to match those $50,000 paint jobs :D I HAVE BEEN MAKING CARVED RUGS since 1990 like you see in the OLs or mega yachts, jets ,and real big money homes for rockstars, moviestars and so on.but handmade tuffed are the most exquiste rugs made a stair case with #50 steps went for$50,000 not including labor :eek: would it be worth say $2,500 to make a 7 by7 cockpit area rug? I am going to working on a2 by2 sample any idears ghost flames or pirate face with finish line flags burning like in the new fountian add in pb feed back please :D and thank you ART ps the way they are finished theres no binding to fall apart :D :D :D

Strip Poker 388 07-23-2005 12:37 PM

Re: I Need Opinion From You

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
Alright I am working on a concept of making custom rugs for the cabin and cockpit of boats ,they would be handtuffed so I could do fades and blends to match those $50,000 paint jobs :D I HAVE BEEN MAKING CARVED RUGS since 1990 like you see in the OLs or mega yachts, jets ,and real big money homes for rockstars, moviestars and so on.but handmade tuffed are the most exquiste rugs made a stair case with #50 steps went for$50,000 not including labor :eek: would it be worth say $2,500 to make a 7 by7 cockpit area rug? I am going to working on a2 by2 sample any idears ghost flames or pirate face with finish line flags burning like in the new fountian add in pb feed back please :D and thank you ART ps the way they are finished theres no binding to fall apart :D :D :D

$2500 seems steep to me. I would do the pirates face .It should get better responce like the Fountain poker run boat like it.

good luck

Rob :drink:

ratman 07-23-2005 10:16 PM

2500 hun is a lot of jack. the perreli is only around 400.00 i would have used it but it weighs 250 lbs a roll. dont know about spending that much on a carpet one mishap could ruin, but at the same token i dont have a 500k or million dollar rig those guys would probably be down with something really hip like that

AIR TIME 07-24-2005 03:17 PM

My computer was down the last couple of days, thanks for the two posts, feed back ratman and strip poker 388 :cool: yeah its not going to be for everyone just like the carpets, rugs we install in homes. my familys bussiness installs custom rugs sold by companys such as stark carpets and others at the major design centers. I am going out on my own after my next knee operation so I will be running against the big companies. I'LL HAVE better product and pricing wright now a 10x10 area rug hand tuffed they sell for aprox, $8000.00 plus shipping from china $900 ,not as good as mine,then delivery$600. ME one price about $3900. IWILL TAKE SOME PICTURES THE SAMPLE I'm making now I am thinking of making a pirate with finishline flags crossing with flames for my baja that way people will see what I am talking about ,anyones thoughts of a demo rug design come onnnnn :evilb:

AIR TIME 07-24-2005 03:53 PM

:D yeah,but I THINK the $600,000 boats have rugs Ive seen on them that list as being $8000 including the cabin thats glued together then carved it will take about 6 weeks to make and then I WILL POST A PICTURE AND TAKE A RIDE OVER TO OL AGIAN to see what they think? how was your boating this weekend FRED I'll be in in to weeks ,then this fall I will start my chirstmas shopping from you valve covers, new wheel, 2''shortie, carb, throttles :D

AIR TIME 07-24-2005 09:03 PM

ANYONE with some more in put, or did I lay an egg :chick: :rolleyes: on this :(

f311fr1 07-24-2005 09:11 PM

I think you could have something for a limited upper end market. O/L, Cig, Norteck, and of course yatch builders.

offshoredrillin 07-24-2005 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
ANYONE with some more in put, or did I lay an egg :chick: :rolleyes: on this :(

As far as general marketing, do you want to make a ton of money off of one, or make a decent profit off of many. For me 2500 is too much, but if you made one custom for people in the 800-1000 dollar range you may have some takers. Base them on the difficulty factor, size and so on. have one for the avg boater and see if the number of orders will make up for the decreased profit.

AIR TIME 07-24-2005 09:42 PM

I will be able to tell more after the 1st one, I have a 40oz r&r textile rug in my boat now, the new designer rugs will be aprox, 80to 100oz a different animal altogether :cool: and no binding to fade or fall apart. keep it coming more thougths thanks! ART PS THERE WOULD BE A OSO DISCOUNT

Audiofn 07-24-2005 10:17 PM

Art it could definatly work on the high end market. These guys as you know will spend 10K on a small table, 30 grand on a couch and so on. So if marketed properly it may fly. Of course if you can come up with a low cost alternative then..... Now I am not talking about a replacement for the high end, but more of a supliment. So you offer both the expensive stuff to the customer that has the money and a lower cost/quality alternative for us common folk :D

Jon