Finally- no noise law at chicago Poker Run-Awesome , Safe Poker Run >

Finally- no noise law at chicago Poker Run-Awesome , Safe Poker Run

Notices

Finally- no noise law at chicago Poker Run-Awesome , Safe Poker Run

Old 07-25-2005, 07:44 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Finally- no noise law at chicago Poker Run-Awesome , Safe Poker Run

The pics look incredible. I will load the ones I have later today.

Mark
Old 07-25-2005, 09:16 AM
Charter Member#330
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Great Pictures. We had a great time. Finally had a Poker Run with Cig water for part of it. Put the Konrads to the test and they came through.

Mark
Old 07-25-2005, 12:04 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Congratulations to Chicago Powerboat Club Directors's, wives, Sponsors and Members!!! What an awesome, fantastic Poker Run. Met so many new people and now can match some of the OSO names to actualy people. Dan, the helicopters/photographers were unbelieveable. Wally at Buckingham Foutain, pics are great.
From the chic's perspective, couldn't have been more pleased with the performance of the new Konrads. Mr. Cig was verrrry pleased, throttle down. The first leg was definitely CIG WATER!

Patti
Old 07-25-2005, 12:57 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 947 Likes on 476 Posts

Originally Posted by MrCIG
Great Pictures. We had a great time. Finally had a Poker Run with Cig water for part of it. Put the Konrads to the test and they came through.

Mark
I wish i had a camera with a high power zoom cause right before you guys came into Monroe i saw you catch some good air! My wife and i at the same time were like "woah did you see that!?" Boat was looking good Mark.....as usuall

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 07-25-2005, 02:53 PM
Registered

Great weekend!!! Thanks to everybody that came out to have fun and support the charity for Children's Memorial Hospital. We ended up selling quite a few extra cards and poker hands directly benefiting the charity. I know Roger sure is glad he donated $50 for that last card. How about that helicopter crew they did such a good job I can't wait to see the finished DVD. I heard the helo drivers had as much fun as we did. Steve, Mark and Dan you guys truly did go the extra step in putting this event together Thanks. And thanks to all the sponsors for their continued support of CPC and offshore powerboating.

Russ
Old 07-25-2005, 04:38 PM
Registered

First, let me say that I am a habitual lurker on the board. I try to avoid controversy and keep a low profile and just enjoy the dialogue.Those of you who know me, know I am usually a quiet kind of guy, but the experience I had last weekend in Chicago made me speak up for the first time.
I have never been around a finer group of people at a boating event in my 20 years of racing, and now my 2nd poker run.
The warmth my team and I received from the club members, all strangers to us and now friends, was unmatched by anywhere else we had traveled. I knew the people in Chicago were good people, but this blew me away. Hey, I'm from Jersey and don't always see this type of hospitality at home.....
Mark and Dan did some job on this event, let me tell you. It was first class by any standards, and totally professional.
I made a lot of friends there ,Frank and Lois, Dan and Mark of course, Donna, Mark's lovely wife, Debbie, Marcie, and I'm sorry I don't remember everyone's name, the rest of the clubmembers. I had to travel from Toms River New Jersey just to meet Ron Polli- Extreme Magazine- who lives in Toms River, New Jersey in East Chicago, Indiana.And thanks for welcoming my sponsor, Rio Roses, who was thrilled to be able to be involved with the event.My whole team is grateful to you all. We came as strangers, and left as friends.
Boy, was I impressed!
Rich Troppoli
Old 07-25-2005, 04:48 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

All I can say is WOW! What an awesome first poker run for us! (Our LOTO one didn't really count 'cause we didn't finish!) I was amazed at how the Fountain handled the water, and now I can actually see what it looked like, rather than just trying to explain what it feels like to launch that thing! Thanks to all the Chicago Powerboat directors, you really went above and beyond the call of duty...had to be quite a bit of additional stress in your lives to get this going...but it really turned out great. I can't wait to see the video...there's gonna be a LOT of hang time in it....especially if Mr. Cig was actually in the air!

Another special thanks from Michelle to Rio Roses...she has now informed me that I am no longer allowed to purchase any other kind of roses...she likes these so much she's actually taking pictures of them!

Thanks again for a great, safe event.

Mike and Michelle
"Red Hot Sommer"
Old 07-25-2005, 06:12 PM
Registered

Thanks to the board of directors on putting together a great event, not to shaby for the first time. Can't wait to see how things go for next year. We had boat thier from $40,000 to over a million and everyone was cool , No attitudes like at most events. I'm glad to say that I'm a member of CPC and Can't wait to get that pic blow up and in a frame. Next year thouhg we need to give out a bottle(s) of of Advil to the crew that got the most abuse, an Ironman. Those guys in the 25 Outlaw hung in thier and took a beating, and they say I have more balls than brains. THANKS to all see next time.
Old 07-25-2005, 07:16 PM
Warped & Twisted Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We at CPC appreciate all of your kind words, it means alot to us. We wanted this event to be for the enjoyment of the sport and for its enthusiasts, and have the proceeds go to a worthwhile organization ( Childrens Memorial Hospital ). Everyone won is the way we see it.

Thank you to all of you that came and made it a success. We will continue to have fun events with no drama, no attitudes, and no bull s h i t.
Old 07-25-2005, 07:36 PM
BZ
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I would like to say thanx as well, having done a bunch of poker runs, some big some small this one has to be one of the best. As for it being the 1st year for this run you would not have know it if someone didn't tell you!!! The team put in a lot of hours planning this thing and I think it came off GREAT. I do have one thing to say though all that talk about Cig. water is over-rated I didn't see too many Cig.'s in front of my FOUNTAIN at the card stops. Can't wait to see the BIG air pictures from EVERYONE....oh yeah those guys in the 25ft Baja should get an award.......BZ

count me in for next year

Quick Reply: Finally- no noise law at chicago Poker Run-Awesome , Safe Poker Run

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.