Default Re: Finally- no noise law at chicago Poker Run-Awesome , Safe Poker Run

Great pictures Dan.
Thank you
Shogren Performance Marine
Old 07-25-2005, 10:16 PM
Registered

My Boats: 25 Powerplay

We had a blast! Excellent job by the Chicago Powerboat Club. I have been to several poker runs, and this was by far one of the best! Great people, awesome hardware, and big water. Having one of the smallest and slowest boats on the run it was a pleasure to be treated the same as others. First class run and we will be back for next year. I think we scared Danny D a little but the pic of us flying was well worth it. Nice job to the fella's in the 25 Baja. I had that same boat before the Apache and I can tell you first hand, that guy can drive a boat!
Old 07-25-2005, 11:41 PM
Registered

My Boats: 1997 35' Fountain

Wow!!! Thanks to everyone for the kind words. You have no idea how much it meant to Mark, Steve, Frank, Jamie, Russ and myself to have such a great turnout our first year. Thanks to everyone for sharing the weekend with us. We hope to make next years run as much fun as this years was.

Dan
Old 07-26-2005, 12:19 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOCKWAVE
First, let me say that I am a habitual lurker on the board. I try to avoid controversy and keep a low profile and just enjoy the dialogue.Those of you who know me, know I am usually a quiet kind of guy, but the experience I had last weekend in Chicago made me speak up for the first time.
I have never been around a finer group of people at a boating event in my 20 years of racing, and now my 2nd poker run.
The warmth my team and I received from the club members, all strangers to us and now friends, was unmatched by anywhere else we had traveled. I knew the people in Chicago were good people, but this blew me away. Hey, I'm from Jersey and don't always see this type of hospitality at home.....
Mark and Dan did some job on this event, let me tell you. It was first class by any standards, and totally professional.
I made a lot of friends there ,Frank and Lois, Dan and Mark of course, Donna, Mark's lovely wife, Debbie, Marcie, and I'm sorry I don't remember everyone's name, the rest of the clubmembers. I had to travel from Toms River New Jersey just to meet Ron Polli- Extreme Magazine- who lives in Toms River, New Jersey in East Chicago, Indiana.And thanks for welcoming my sponsor, Rio Roses, who was thrilled to be able to be involved with the event.My whole team is grateful to you all. We came as strangers, and left as friends.
Boy, was I impressed!
Rich Troppoli
Rich,
It was a pleasure meeting you and the entire Rio Roses team. Never in my wildest dreams would I have expected to have your boat at our event. That made my weekend!!! I am glad that you enjoyed the weekend. I can't wait to get the video produced so we can share it with others. It was a fantastic weekend of boating.

Please let Tony know how much we appreciate all the support and the beautiful Rio Roses he gave out. We had many happy lady's on Saturday night. Also tell Lynn thanks for all the help. The shirts wouldn't have happened if it wasn't for her.

Dan
Old 07-26-2005, 12:26 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by shogren
Great pictures Dan.
Thank you
Shogren Performance Marine
Scott,
Thanks for all your support. It was great to have you and your team at our event. Vicki & I are looking forward to seeing you at the Windy City Poker Run in two weeks. Sounds like you have a great run planned.

Dan

BTW I want a ride!!! The only problem is that you have way too many cool toys to pick from.
Old 07-26-2005, 12:41 AM
Registered

My Boats: Ocean Express Cat 39

Hey Rich Tropolli,
I was surprised when I had Tony, the big cheif from Rio Roses, on my boat and he started pointing how this guage reading was high and this guage reading was low. Take a wave this way and that way. I never knew he had 10 years of offshore racing experience. Very knowledgable about boats. I thought he just pushed top of the line roses to the flower shops.

Big thanks to Tony Seralis for donating hundreds of longest stemmed roses I have ever see in my life to all of the ladies and all of the winners at the poker run. Now my wife demands Rio Roses over the ones from my neighbors garden.
Old 07-26-2005, 08:46 AM
Registered

My Boats: 94 43SC Black Thunder

Rich, thanks for coming to our poker run. You put on a great show with the Rio Roses boat coming through the pack. BTW I still have a poster with the Shockwave boat on it in my cube at work. The folks at Hustler gave it to me 7 or 8 years ago when I toured their shop.

Thanks to Wyatt Fountain and Greg from Shogren for the ride on the 47 on friday. What a way to start the weekend. Very impressive!

And thanks to all of the hard working CPC members that put on this event. It was tons of fun. We'll be back next year.
Old 07-26-2005, 09:20 AM
Registered

My Boats: 09 python

I would also like to chime in on the atta boys. I enjoyed the events of the day. Myself I would like to see this event be the one everybody wants to attend. That takes time but it ll get there. Thanks for the good picture of the barge. We dont have many but that would do if it were the only one I had. Thanks to all for a great event. Brian
Old 07-26-2005, 09:31 AM
Registered

My Boats: 1993 Cigarette Top Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarrab30
I would also like to chime in on the atta boys. I enjoyed the events of the day. Myself I would like to see this event be the one everybody wants to attend. That takes time but it ll get there. Thanks for the good picture of the barge. We dont have many but that would do if it were the only one I had. Thanks to all for a great event. Brian
Brian;

Thanks for the use of the life vest. Your generosity helped to keep Jamie and Myself from looking like two big ugly kids in the back of Donna and Ians Boat.
Old 07-26-2005, 09:49 AM
Warped & Twisted Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: Cigarette Top Gun w/ V6's and Maxum 3000 SCR

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiggler4490
Took the Nortech 36 cat to the run and finally was able to let the Big motors breathe. I dont know if its good or not but won the award for the loudest boat, sounded awesome
Jim,

That 36 you brought looks and sounds BADAS S ! You deserved the Loudest Boat award after you took those mufflers off !