Finally- no noise law at chicago Poker Run-Awesome , Safe Poker Run >

Finally- no noise law at chicago Poker Run-Awesome , Safe Poker Run

Notices

Finally- no noise law at chicago Poker Run-Awesome , Safe Poker Run

Old 07-26-2005, 03:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Finally- no noise law at chicago Poker Run-Awesome , Safe Poker Run

Thanks everyone for the kind words. We put a lot of effort into planning this event and it is great to hear it is appreciated.

I'm not certain if the roses were good or not, my wife loves them but the problem is she is going to want more
All kidding aside thank's for bringing the roses, boat and the whole crew. It was great meeting everyone.

Steve
Old 07-26-2005, 04:20 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Roger 1
Brian;

Thanks for the use of the life vest. Your generosity helped to keep Jamie and Myself from looking like two big ugly kids in the back of Donna and Ians Boat.
I don't know Roger....they were, after all, only life jackets...it would have taken burkhas to solve that problem!!!
Old 07-26-2005, 05:32 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

This was one of the best boating days I have ever had. It started out a little rocky but just keep getting better and better.

It stopped raining, the lake lied down, nothing broke, didn't run out of gas and Rio Roses passed by me close enough to really appreciate it.

Oh yea and I had the best card hand.

Thank you all for making my day. This was by far the best poker run that I have been on.
Attached Thumbnails Finally- no noise law at chicago Poker Run-Awesome , Safe Poker Run-tr3.jpg  
Old 07-26-2005, 05:58 PM
Registered

Quiet Storm, as well as all our fellow CPBC friends, we wish we could have been there to say hi and catch up with all of you as well as meet new friends, but I really wasn't up to the drive. We hope to make it down for the next get-together though.
Congratulations on the safe run and I think you've already show that this will be the premier poker run on Lake Michigan, bar none.
Roger, I got my cast off Monday and now I'm in a splint to keep from damaging the threaded rods holding my wrist together until they are removed August 18.
Old 07-26-2005, 08:27 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Dave and Barb

I wish you guys could have made it down but it wasn't the right lake for you Saturday. Just take it one day at a time and get down here as soon as you feel up to it.

If you want, I will drive your boat on the next event you can make for you. It would be my pleasure.

Roger

P.S. I want to thank my boys, Jeff and Jessica and especially my wife for the exceptional day.
Old 07-26-2005, 08:30 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dan

Where can i get the picture of the Rio Roses .

Mike
Rio Roses
Old 07-26-2005, 10:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Hauling Trash
Dan

Where can i get the picture of the Rio Roses .

Mike
Rio Roses
Give me a call and I will set you up.
708-218-1566
Dan
Old 07-27-2005, 12:06 AM
Registered

Waiting to get started for the run.

Thanks for the picture Dan.
Attached Thumbnails Finally- no noise law at chicago Poker Run-Awesome , Safe Poker Run-img_8403-large-.jpg  
Old 07-27-2005, 07:58 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by sommerfliesby
I don't know Roger....they were, after all, only life jackets...it would have taken burkhas to solve that problem!!!
Remember Mike, I only said ''Helped''.
Old 07-27-2005, 08:58 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It was a great poker run, thanks to Dan, Mark, Steve, Frank, Jamie, and Russ you guys did a great job, I know how many hours you took out of your personal lives to plan this event, and were even there in the 100 degree heat on Sunday morning taking banners down, cleaning up, and helping load boats. I know how important it was to have a safe fun run, and raise money for the children's hospital. You should be proud you achieved all that and more We also had a lot of the wives and other CPC members that helped throughout the whole weekend, thanks.
I knew it was going to be a good weekend when we pulled in and saw several race boats including Rio Roses in the lot, then we met Wyatt Fountain sitting on a new 47' bearing his family name I managed to talk him into a test run The boat rode the chop real well, and I am still trying to get the tangles out of my hair! The party that followed was first class, I must have had 4 or 5 margaritas with Teq. gold & Grand Marnier, I could not believe that was included in the entry fee. Everyone was at the party, I met Tony the owner of the Rio Roses Company, plus Rich and his pretty wife Cathy, the owners of the boat. Lots of OSO people were there, Hauling Trash came with Rio Roses, Danny D was there, Wiggler came from LOTO (big boy!) Ron P. and of course a lot of the Chicago Club members were on hand .
We had a good crew, Roger1, Jamie, & Gail, plus Ron P rode along for the second leg, we even got to hear some insiders gossip, maybe our names will be in the magazine We loved riding next to our friends and seeing them get some amazing air, Brian you sure drove that Scarab like you stole it, we could see the smiles on the faces of the KSFlyers when the helicopter almost landed on their swim platform, and then proceeded to follow them down the lake almost to MI City. Walking into the ballroom for the awards party and being presented with two long stemmed Rio Roses was just another reminder that we were at a first class event. Dinner was was excellent, and wrapping up the evening dancing with the Hammond crew was a lot of fun. Thanks Mr P for making it possible that we enjoyed another great boating weekend. For anyone wanting to know more about Rio Roses, here is a link to their web site. http://www.rioroses.com/default.htm

Last edited by Ms PatriYacht; 07-27-2005 at 09:01 AM.

Quick Reply: Finally- no noise law at chicago Poker Run-Awesome , Safe Poker Run

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.