Notices

Lifeline jackets

Old 07-21-2005, 02:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Lifeline jackets

I just called lifeline to order four new jackets and they informed me of a price increase about ten days ago.I know they are a business...but I don't agree with there timing.
Old 07-21-2005, 02:49 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts
Question Re: Lifeline jackets

How big of an increase? Does it fall in line with the rising gas prices?

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 07-21-2005, 02:49 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Lifeline jackets

probably just bad timing.... i am sure it wasn't a plan to profit from anything, just business.
Old 07-21-2005, 02:59 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bellmitsubishi
I just called lifeline to order four new jackets and they informed me of a price increase about ten days ago.I know they are a business...but I don't agree with there timing.
Theres a group buy going on at $260-00 per Poker Run vest at Speedwake.
Old 07-21-2005, 03:11 PM
Registered

I only asked about one model so I can't give you a % on all ,but about 10% on the the model I inquired about.
In the last ten days gas has gone up about 5%.so does that mean they have gone up 100% more than gas?
Old 07-21-2005, 03:18 PM
Registered

Thanks Johno, how do I get in touch with them?
Old 07-21-2005, 03:22 PM
Member #2 ....Jeeezz
Charter Member

I believe all the talk of Lifeline vest after the last OL accident was in reference to the racing vest ... the poker run vest is nothing more than another fancy ski vest with a few addt'l features and a Lifeline patch ... get the racing vest.

G
Old 07-21-2005, 03:27 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by bellmitsubishi
I only asked about one model so I can't give you a % on all ,but about 10% on the the model I inquired about.
In the last ten days gas has gone up about 5%.so does that mean they have gone up 100% more than gas?
I just think we will start seeing many things going up in price do to the cost of doing business. I'm sure every company out there is feeling the effect of the fuel increases. Especially when shipping products. Just wait till they have to turn the heat on next winter!

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 07-21-2005, 03:29 PM
BK
Registered

The price of gas has doubled over the past few years. That definitely is having an effect on everything. Then you add the 35% increase in group health insurance for small employers over the past year - WHAM!!!.

It's the trickle down effect. No company is going to eat these higher expenses - they'll just have to increase prices. If they can't increase prices, then they either let workers go or reduce employee benefits.

We are involved with material and textiles and those companies are trying desperately to keep the price from going up since they have to compete with lower-overhead foreign makers. (more and more coming in every day!) They are competing by shutting down plants and slimming the work force (having fewer workers do more work).

Pretty soon there will be only be foreign products to choose from.

But IMO, buy the Made in USA "Racing" Life Jacket. You'll forget about how much it cost the first time you smack something at 80mph. Worth every penny.

Note: A poker run jacket is not anything like a "Racing Jacket". Poker run jackets do not have impact protection or 'face up' unconscious flotation. But they are better than a ski vest.
Old 07-21-2005, 03:38 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BK
Note: A poker run jacket is not anything like a "Racing Jacket". Poker run jackets do not have impact protection or 'face up' unconscious flotation. But they are better than a ski vest.

From the website I am not sure that the standard racing jacket has impact protection either.

Looks like impact protection is another $115 option. Is that correct?

Not bagging just askin.

Quick Reply: Lifeline jackets

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.