Need Ideas for Fan for Stereo Amps ? >

Need Ideas for Fan for Stereo Amps ?

Notices

Need Ideas for Fan for Stereo Amps ?

Old 07-25-2005, 11:08 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Need Ideas for Fan for Stereo Amps ?

I am trying to get some Ideas on how to cool a compartment on my Hustler that has the stereo amps in it . There getting pretty hot.It played for 3 hours Sunday and dint clip, But it has before from the heat.

I figure I can put a speaker grill in this panel [Picture] to draw in outside[cabin] air into the compartment .Maybe mount some kind of fan on the back of the grill. I was thinking a bilge blower ,with the hose. But it will be loud ,draw to much current and the motor is not brush less so I think it will create some RF noise?

The box style brush less fan like comes in computers are expensive and don't have much cfm .Do I need very much anyway??

The squirrel cage style fan like the Pac ones, I could put blowing on the amps But it will be blowing the hot air thats already in there. Would that be enough to help some?

What have you guys done or are there any professional Stereo guys that can give me some Ideas?

Thanks for everyones help in advance .

Rob
Attached Thumbnails Need Ideas for Fan for Stereo Amps ?-hustler-sale-7-24-05-010.jpg   Need Ideas for Fan for Stereo Amps ?-hustler-sale-7-24-05-009.jpg  

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 07-25-2005, 11:10 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Default Re: Need Ideas for Fan for Stereo Amps ?

The Panel
Attached Thumbnails Need Ideas for Fan for Stereo Amps ?-tony-7-20-05-047.jpg   Need Ideas for Fan for Stereo Amps ?-tony-7-20-05-045.jpg  

Old 07-25-2005, 11:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mount accouple small computer fans, works perfect. We install custom stereos and add them in almost every job!!!
Old 07-25-2005, 11:12 PM
Rob
VIP Member

amp
Attached Thumbnails Need Ideas for Fan for Stereo Amps ?-thursday-april-10-2003-image-8-medium-.jpg  

Old 07-25-2005, 11:14 PM
Registered

On this stereo you can see we used actual marine vents with the fans right behind them...

P.S Common problem with Fosgate amps getting hot and shuuting down, built in protection device. May also be low on voltage, low voltage will cause alot of amp problems!
Attached Thumbnails Need Ideas for Fan for Stereo Amps ?-oso.jpg  

Last edited by FOUNTAINATLAST; 07-25-2005 at 11:17 PM.
Old 07-25-2005, 11:36 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Originally Posted by FOUNTAINATLAST
On this stereo you can see we used actual marine vents with the fans right behind them...

P.S Common problem with Fosgate amps getting hot and shuuting down, built in protection device. May also be low on voltage, low voltage will cause alot of amp problems!
What kind of fans?

I just put in 2 new optima gel cell bat's.Yea its one of the Rockford's thats shutting down , Thermal

Thanks
Rob

Old 07-25-2005, 11:38 PM
Masher touches my
Gold Member

You can buy some small computer fans like Fountain suggested and run them off a relay wired to the decks power turn on lead. (usually a blue wire) Your amp has it wired to it to turn it on. Dont use the 12v from that wire to run your fans, you'll create noise and your deck wasn't designed to give anything other than a 12v signal. Just buy a standard relay, you can tap into the power wires right at one of your amps. Radio Shack has 12v fans, most computer fans are 12v as well.
Old 07-26-2005, 01:19 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Do not make the mistake of just pulling the air out. You need to make sure that air can get in as well. You have a LOT of amps in that small area. Remember physics. Hot air rises. If you put the in and out on the same side that does not work as well as if you can have the in at the back side and pull the air across. Think about if you pull air from location x were is it going to pull the air from (path of leaste resistence)

Jon
Old 07-28-2005, 06:08 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I had about 4,000 watts in one of my cars, and had a lot of problems with heat in the trunk. I got 6" Bruchless fans and mounted them on the side of the amps (where the wires go) and they would blow through the fins, it made all the differance. Make sure you get brushless fans, otherwise you will have engine noise. Here is a picture of what you should use. they come in 4" and 6", you may be able to find smaller. Have them wired so when the system is powered on, so are the fans.
Attached Images  
Old 07-28-2005, 07:35 AM
VIP Member

You can get those fans at Radio Shack.

Quick Reply: Need Ideas for Fan for Stereo Amps ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.