Notices

Coasties loaded for Bear!

Old 07-27-2005, 10:39 AM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Coasties loaded for Bear!

Originally Posted by bglz42
Wobble, we've seen the same boat (with mounted MG) in Clear Lake several times. Pretty dang intimidating!

Been pulled over a couple of times, never had any problems. Just make sure your chit is in order...
Jim,

I know from our e-mails last year that you are running a 509 like mine. Have the CG given you any greif about the modified motor? Or is it stock appearing.
Old 07-27-2005, 11:06 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Capo71

"I was bored so I joined the Coast Guard. I leave for training July 10th. I doubt they will let me login to keep up with my posts. But I"LL BE BACK "

Hmm!! Anyone else see a connection here??
Old 07-27-2005, 11:41 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wobble

The point of this post is that it seems that being on the beach is not the necessarily safe spot I have assumed it to be.
Mark,

Not trying to screw with you.... you have been very cool to me, and I remember you trying to help me with a problem recently. So please don't take this the wrong way...

But I am really curious what you mean "safe spot?"

Safe for what?

Safe from boarding?

Or did you mean private, like privacy?
I can understand people wanting to have some privacy... especially adults and all that....

But aside from the temporary inconvenience, I don't see why law abiding US citizens would have anything but love for the coasties. The chance of them hurting me is pretty low compared to the chance of them saving my life.
Old 07-27-2005, 12:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fund razor
Mark,

Not trying to screw with you.... you have been very cool to me, and I remember you trying to help me with a problem recently. So please don't take this the wrong way...

Safe for what?

Safe from boarding?

I can understand people wanting to have some privacy... especially adults and all that....

But aside from the temporary inconvenience, I don't see why law abiding US citizens would have anything but love for the coasties. The chance of them hurting me is pretty low compared to the chance of them saving my life.

Fund, I can see both points of view here, and both are valid. I dont think anyone can argue the fact that the CG is there to help us. Without them ,we would be screwed in open water emergency. They put their own lives at risk, to save ours.
I do understand Marks point as well. Perhaps "safe" isn't the best choice of words when speaking of the CG, but me personally, if I were on the beach, minding my own business, I would also be somewhat disgruntled to be ordered to launch my boat,, just to have my boat stripped, while feeling totally embarrased in front of friends, family, etc. with that machine gun sitting there. I am sure there were plenty of other boats already under way they could have "routinely searched". Who knows, maybe they had a reason to pick on that boat, but if not, it does seem a bit cowboyish. If I had my kids with me, and that had happened, they would have been pretty scared.
Old 07-27-2005, 12:32 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Mark,

Safe for what?

Safe from boarding?

Fund,

rich allen pretty much said what I meant

"Perhaps "safe" isn't the best choice of words when speaking of the CG, but me personally, if I were on the beach, minding my own business, I would also be somewhat disgruntled to be ordered to launch my boat,, just to have my boat stripped, while feeling totally embarrassed in front of friends, family, etc. with that machine gun sitting there."

I am a law abiding citizen, mostly I do what most boaters do when they are pulled up on a beach. When I am ready to leave I make sure everything is picked up, life jackets on the kids and off we go. If they choose to stop me at that point, that is fine with me. Have been stopped many times for safety checks by various authorities and understand and RESPECT their duty.

As I mentioned before, I have absolutely no problem with the CG, law enforcement, our military and totally support them.
Old 07-27-2005, 12:37 PM
Registered

Thanks both of you for posting.

I totally understand and agree that the situation described by Rich would be unpleasant to say the least.

I just wanted to know where you were coming from.

Thanks for understanding that I wasn't trying to flame you. After my post in defense of the CG I was worried that you would think I was being defensive. If we were in person it would have just been a conversation.
Old 07-27-2005, 12:46 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Thanks both of you for posting.

I totally understand and agree that the situation described by Rich would be unpleasant to say the least.

I just wanted to know where you were coming from.

Thanks for understanding that I wasn't trying to flame you. After my post in defense of the CG I was worried that you would think I was being defensive. If we were in person it would have just been a conversation.
Fund,

I thought about the likely repercussions from starting this thread before I did. I enjoy most aspects of forums, especially when people dig into other peoples motives

I hope I have made myself clear. I understand where you are coming from, I have read many of your posts and was not surprised to see you chime in.

Regards,

Last edited by Wobble; 07-27-2005 at 05:58 PM.
Old 07-27-2005, 12:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wobble
I have read many of your posts and was not suprised to see you chime in.
Most people stop reading my posts after the first couple.

Anyway... thanks again for knowing that I wasn't trying to mess with you. Sometimes my directness is taken as agressiveness.

I hope that there are no "repercussions" from your post.

It's an interesting subject and the pics are cool.

Have a good one.
Old 07-27-2005, 01:07 PM
Registered

I see my job here is done.. Off I go, Up,Up, and Away!!!
Old 07-27-2005, 01:26 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by rich allen
I see my job here is done.. Off I go, Up,Up, and Away!!!

LOL, bye Mary P

Quick Reply: Coasties loaded for Bear!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.