Taking your boat on vacation...your thoughts pleeeeaaaase >

Taking your boat on vacation...your thoughts pleeeeaaaase

Notices

Taking your boat on vacation...your thoughts pleeeeaaaase

Old 08-01-2005, 04:25 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Question Taking your boat on vacation...your thoughts pleeeeaaaase

I am heading down to Wildwood NJ tomorrow night and I was planning on taking the boat, but now I'm having second thoughts. I am in CT, so it is a 5-6 hour drive with the boat (34' Scarab) and I was planning on leaving at 3AM so I wouldn't hit any traffic. Gas for the truck and then the boat would be expensive as hell, and then I have to pay for keeping the boat at a marina. The trailer was just fixed (new axle) and I have not towed with it since. I am a little worried about that, but would be willing to risk it. My dilemma is that I am worried I am going to get down there and regret bringing the boat...or not bringing the boat. I have never been in good ocean waters or driven along a beach and would like to do that. Plus I love my boat and it would give me something to do other than just sit on the beach all day (hopefully find some good females to bring on it too). Do any of you take your boat on vacation??? Does it end up being a pain in the a$$ or is it well worth it in the end??
Old 08-01-2005, 04:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Taking your boat on vacation...your thoughts pleeeeaaaase

I always take my boat on vacation, that's the whole point of my vacations. Until recently, I've had around a 4 hour drive to our normal spot. That was never a problem for hauling. I say go for it!
Old 08-01-2005, 04:31 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

If you plan on using it a lot, bring it. I don't remember seeing many performance boats the times I've been to Wildwood. Maybe some of the locals will chime in.
Old 08-01-2005, 04:38 PM
Registered

I had a vacation in San Diego for July 4. Initially I did not plan to bring the boat, but a few days before the trip I changed my mind and decided to drag the boat down. I was really glad to have the boat there and I got a lot of use out of it. If you have a place to keep the boat at your destination and don't mind the increased $$ involved, I'd say go for it.
Old 08-01-2005, 04:38 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bring it
Old 08-01-2005, 04:40 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bring it.. lots of board members down there to give you a hand if you need it.. just bring your computer....lol
Old 08-01-2005, 05:06 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I did not relize that you could take a vacation with out the boat I pull my 38 to LOTO about 5 times a year with no trouble. Just take it otherwise you will regret it.
Old 08-01-2005, 05:48 PM
Registered

You'll love Cape May area by boat, I was stationed there when I was in the Coast Guard. I just did a weeks vacation in Ocean City Maryland with my boat and couldn't imagine being without the boat.. Get to know the area, get some charts or if you have a GPS.... Our favorite is to take a slow cruise at night up along the beach front to view the boardwalk and amusement park lights, beautiful view!!! Take the boat with you and if you don't want to use it, just leave it parked on the trailer until you leave. Better than saying... should have brought it. It is more gas, more time, but when your running out the inlet with the throttles in hand... PRICELESS!!!! You can run out the wildwood inlet, head South and come back around through the canal way into the harbor. Lot's of food and bars on the water.... Good Luck!!!!!
Old 08-01-2005, 07:35 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Oh man, That is exactly what I wanted to hear. I am definately going to bring it.
"Our favorite is to take a slow cruise at night up along the beach front to view the boardwalk and amusement park lights, beautiful view!!!"
That is exactly why I want to bring it...I've always wanted to do that. I want to run the beach at about 6 when everybody leaves the beach and are just chilling on there balconies waiting to hit the boardwalk. East Coast B, what are some of the food and bars on the water you are talking about. I really want to make sure there will be somewhere to go on the boat to hang out. Is the inlet difficult to navigate. Thanks for the help guys, I can always count on OSO.
Old 08-01-2005, 07:51 PM
Registered

It's been a few years since I lived there, but my favorite place to eat was the lobster house which is on the Southeast side of the bridge at the end of the parkway that goes into Cape May. As for best boating bars, right at the bridge going into Wildwood there are several to choose from and as you follow the bay up North each town, Stone Harbor, Avalon, etc has several to pick from. Hopefully someone that has been down there more recent can give you the names of the bars, again it's been too long for me to remember.

As for the inlet, it's a straight shot... I'm use to Ocean City, MD which can get pretty nasty, so to me Wildwood is a straight shot, I use to run the stand up jet skis through there without issue.

You'll like the area, just remember to get a map of the channels so you know where your going.....

Good luck and have fun.......

Put a post with Wildwood or CapeMay in the heading so you can pick up some local members from that area..... They'll have a lot of good detailed info for you....

Quick Reply: Taking your boat on vacation...your thoughts pleeeeaaaase

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.