Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Whats the deal with Powerplay?? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/108738-whats-deal-powerplay.html)

MattT1685 07-28-2005 04:10 PM

Whats the deal with Powerplay??

I should be posting this in powerplay section but it doesnt seem like there is a lot of traffic there so i decided to post it here. Anyway I've been trying to contact them but there phone number is disconnected and they havent returned my email. Are they still in business and if they are how can i get in touch with them? Thanks for your help.

Matt

Ron P 07-28-2005 04:22 PM

Re: Whats the deal with Powerplay??

They went POOF last year.

Sydwayz 07-28-2005 04:23 PM

They are completely out of business.

BLee 07-28-2005 04:26 PM

They were so successful that they closed up shop and retired.

:evilb: :evilb: :evilb: :evilb:

JROMY 07-28-2005 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by warbird
Powerplay, I believe, is out of business. At a recent auction, the molds for the 33 and the 38 were bought by Tom Mason. That would be the Tom Mason who owns Midnight Express, and hand-builds the finest center-console made, IMHO. They are, according to Tom, going to build both lengths at their facility in Pompano/Lauderdale. (As sport-decks).
Their website is www.midnightexpress.cc

James

I do believe that the above information is correct. I can't wait to see the Midnight 33!!

Andy0331 07-28-2005 05:34 PM

As above, they are gone...

Great boat, bad business owner.

Semper Fi 07-28-2005 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by OSOAdmin
I you are interested in the Powerplay scarface desk or the signs from the shop let me know, they are for sale.

What kind of Powerplay "stuff" do you have?? Let me know

Thanks

MattT1685 07-28-2005 08:07 PM

Thanks guys. I was looking at the 25' sport deck with outboards but i guess thats no longer an option. So my next question is who makes a good 20-26' boat with outboards?

Matt

Dave M 07-28-2005 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by MattT1685
So my next question is who makes a good 20-26' boat with outboards?

Matt

Check out the 24 Superboat. Single or twin O/B available. OSO member "gassticks" is selling a 24 w/twin 200's.

DirtyMoney 07-28-2005 09:15 PM

I build a 21 outboard. It is the old Apache scout molds. Send me an email at [email protected] I have been wanting to build someone an outboard boat lately.