Notices

Miami Vice Scarab I Update

Old 07-28-2005, 07:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Miami Vice Scarab I Update

This is an update to the previous thread:

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...6&page=2&pp=20

I'm writhng this from Peggy Sue's Famous 50's Dinner in Yermo, Ca. After our tow vehichle breaking down, getting the bunks on the new trailer set up, and some various other "adventures" the boat is finally on it's way home.

Here's some more info on the boat that I've found out. George Barris was not there today, as I was supposed to meet with him on Tuesday, but do to the issues we've been having I was unable to meet with him. After some investigation, I have discovered that not only was this a movie/tv boat; but also Mr. George Barris's personal boat for a while. I have an old title for the boat, registered to him, as well as his registration to run the boat and dock the boat at Big Bear Lake in CA.....highly cool.

I also have documentation for billing for the boat going to various locations for filming, print, and promotion. I'm hoping to be able to talk with George via telephone sometime next week to get some more detailed info.

The condition of the boat is about 60-70% OK, with another 30-40% needing restoration. Mostly all cosmetic. The exterior needs a respray and some gelcoat cracks fixed. The interior is near 100% with only 1 small, small hole in the drivers seat top bolster. The engine had a complete overhall in 2002/3 with new belts, pumps, rebuild carbs, etc. The drive unit needs a new anti-vibration skid plate, due to a crack and the bottom skid fin has a few chips out of it. Engine runs strong as we took it on a test drive but only got 45 at WOT. I figure I should be able to get 10 MPH+ if the proper preformance mods are done to it.

I'll post some picks as soon as I get back to Annapolis....in 3 days!!!

Last edited by ferraristyle; 08-08-2005 at 01:58 PM.