tensioner bracket question 502 mag >

tensioner bracket question 502 mag

Notices

tensioner bracket question 502 mag

Old 08-01-2005, 10:12 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tensioner bracket question 502 mag

I painted my bilge this spring cuz the factory uses a paint that seems to be pourous(sp) and I just couldnt clean the bilge to the spec's I'd like it to be, no matter what it just seemed dull, and dingy.... So I pulled tho motors out, gave them a good wipe down, new plugs, wires, belts, impellers, ect... replace it before I need to theory on everything. Then cleaned and painted the bilge, it looks great now, nice bright white, hard finish, and most importantly, easily cleaned paint, I love it, but what alot of work, wow!!! taping off transom assy's moving harness's, taking off lighting trim pumps, I basicly dont recommend ever doing this to anyone, it sucked, but I guess it paid off, I love it now. Anyway to my question. Put it all back together, took it for a run saturday, and the new belt on the one motor left some rubber on my new paint(which wiped off very easily) So I look at it closely, and it looks slightly at an angle. I take off the tensioner, everything looks like new still, sleeve fine bearing fine, everything fine, I pulled off the other one, that's all exactly the same new looking parts too, but it sits nice and square. I cant figure out why this one wouldn't be. I've never lifted the motor out by this bracket, it just seems off a bit for whatever reason. I'm going to order a new bracket, but just one of those things that makes you go hmmmm??? Anyway I tightened the belt a little more, and it was fine after that, but still, I'm irritated by this. Anyone ever have a similar problem. Could it be that I just didnt have it tight enough?
Old 08-01-2005, 12:22 PM
Registered

Default Re: tensioner bracket question 502 mag

Holy sh!t, the prodigal son returns... What up, Rob???
Old 08-01-2005, 12:23 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Default Re: tensioner bracket question 502 mag

I had to put 3 washers on both of my motors to line them up