Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Trailer Service - Chicago (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/109087-trailer-service-chicago.html)

pb 08-02-2005 12:20 PM

Trailer Service - Chicago

For all the Chi-town members,

I am looking for a reputable shop preferabley in the sw suburbs to do bearing check/repack as well as the brakes for my Eagle trailer.

Just do not have the time or space by the house to do it myself.

Thanks
Paul

1Boatnut 08-02-2005 12:24 PM

Re: Trailer Service - Chicago

pb,,I know of a few.
Where exactly are you located??

Sydwayz 08-02-2005 12:28 PM

Look up OSO member Roger1. He is in Kankakee, and knows a lot of folks in the arena.

pb 08-02-2005 12:35 PM

1boatnut,

I am located in the city, 5700 S. and Oak Park Ave.

Saw you out playin on Saturday.

1Boatnut 08-02-2005 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by pb
1boatnut,

Saw you out playin on Saturday.

Oh yea,where?
Should have flagged me down,we could have played together :cool:
We just took a little cruise from Alsip to Downtown,then went over to the beach by Hammond. Was a beautiful day.
Did you stay & play for Venecian night?

Anyhoo,forum member obnoxus has a shop in New Lenox,I got a buddy in Lockport who owns a shop,and a guy I know has a place on 153rd & Cicero...Have no idea what any of their work loads are at presently.If interested let me know and I can get their phone numbers to you..

pb 08-02-2005 02:17 PM

Great,
Shoot their contact info to me and I will call them.

We were at the beach north of the marina when I saw you go by. Then we were in the lock together. I was up front. We should run together sometime. We have not taken the city route of the river yet. We usually head right over to the beach.

Paul

1Boatnut 08-02-2005 02:33 PM

Paul...you got mail :D

Yea,I'm like you and usually head straight to the beach or to Hammond to BS with friends.
We'll have to do the Downtown run sometime..Chi-town is beautiful from the water

Roger 1 08-02-2005 03:15 PM

Give the Guys at Grand Sport Center a call. They have a location in Elmwood Park and in Morris Illinois.
708 453 2166.

BZ 08-02-2005 06:24 PM

PB, both guys the one in Lockport and in New Lenox should be able to help call me with questions I know both guy's....BZ

Cord 08-03-2005 07:41 AM

Mitch Stellin broke an axle going chico last year. We pulled off and dropped the trailer at a shop that right at the end of the ramp. I don't know who it was, but he said they were very helpful and he was quite satisfied. Several other members chimed in to say that they were a good shop.