Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Which Engine/Drive Package??? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/109092-engine-drive-package.html)

open87 08-03-2005 06:16 AM

Re: Which Engine/Drive Package???

Originally Posted by JC performance engine
Thanks Jass for the plug. :D :cool:

he wants to plug you alright :D in a stecz kinda way :evilb:

Jassman 08-03-2005 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by open72
he wants to plug you alright :D in a stecz kinda way :evilb:

Kinda like that Judge wants to plug you :D in a say Scar Face kinda way "Say Hello to my little friend:p :drink: :D just a joke, Now, don't go postal on me.

JC, your perception on this board speeks for itself, your satisfied customers is whats its all about. More for you guys, less for Mercury.

Mentalpause 08-03-2005 09:03 PM

Wiggler, we are heading down to LOTO tomorrow for the weekend. If time permits I'd like to get together and talk about this subject. Friday morning I have a meeting set up at 9am pertaining to some new construction we are doing. I will try to give you a call hopefully Friday afternoon to see if we can work out a time to talk for a bit.

Buddy OO 08-04-2005 01:27 AM

I had to run to St. louis will be back down to loto Thursday night, give me a buzz 636 236-4141 jim

DirtyMoney 08-04-2005 02:09 AM

Drive reliability there is one choice that comes to mind, Arneson. engines definately EFI and naturally aspirated but mercury has had alot of problems with there new motors. New models new problems! I would go with a reputable marine engine builder and they are easy to find on the board. Konrads require transmissions and some boats don't allow the space where the Arnesons put it in the ext. box. Draw back to Arnesons is resale though.
There are two ways to build a boat for yourself or someone else!

ratman 08-04-2005 02:37 AM

steve schmidt racing 585" 980hp 825ft pounds trq. 27k each in stock for immediate delivery and merc ssm#5's! thats the shizit. heres a link for steves site. steve schmidt racing engines i can think of a badder n/a package or drive...for the money

Stormrider 08-04-2005 07:34 AM

Ratman, did steve build the engines for that E-Ticket 28?

Buddy OO 08-04-2005 07:55 AM

The konrad Tranny is why I love the drive. It can also be put inside the transom or in their own extension box, Very fast drive with Tranny and Bravo style prop choices with 1 year warranty up to 740lbs of Torque, and priced very reasonable, great customer service, and awesome track record and used by the government in the most extreme conditions. This drive is built and if you've ever seen one compared to a bravo you'll see how well built it is. The Arneson is good for offshore, but has its limitations in tight areas and your right resale is very bad, Boats at LOTO with them cannot be given away.

Frequency 08-04-2005 08:16 AM

So basically what you're saying Jim is that if you have a Nortech with Arnesons you would pay me to take it off your hands...... :D :D :D

Biggus 08-04-2005 08:23 AM

2 Attachment(s)
In response to rbr2328, Wiggler is correct. Konrad also offers an extension box that locates the transmission inside the box.

Konrad offers several length stand-off boxes. Our most recent addition to our line has been designed as a direct replacement for any vessel that was originally designed for Bravo appplication only. (no room to move the motor forward)

The dimensions of this unit are very similar to the Merc ITS and can be bolted in directly in its place.

[email protected]