Which Engine/Drive Package??? >

Which Engine/Drive Package???

Notices

Which Engine/Drive Package???

Old 08-04-2005, 08:26 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts
Default Re: Which Engine/Drive Package???

Originally Posted by ratman
steve schmidt racing 585" 980hp 825ft pounds trq. 27k each in stock for immediate delivery and merc ssm#5's! thats the shizit. heres a link for steves site. steve schmidt racing engines i can think of a badder n/a package or drive...for the money
It says this on their website about these engines:

• Runs on Regular Gasoline
• 10" of Manifold Vacuum
• Great Idle
• Terrific Throttle Response
• Built To Run 100's of Hours
Before Maintance

I just have one question....How are you going to make that much power N/A and have it last 100's of hours and run on regular gas????

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but to make that much HP you have to have quite an aggressive cam and some compression (with only 585ci). Something's not adding up for me ...but it's got my attention!!
Old 08-04-2005, 08:47 AM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Biggus, w/ the extension box, you dont need external steering?

Also, have many boat manufacturers done Konrad installs? If so, which?
Would you say that a manufacturer willing to do an install can do this properly? How about a good rigging shop? or would you say the best thing to do is to send the boat to Konrad like you did?
Old 08-04-2005, 12:03 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree OLDSCHOOL, How do you get that kind of power with good manners. A car with a stick or high stall converter would be different.
Old 08-04-2005, 12:57 PM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by wiggler4490
I had to run to St. louis will be back down to loto Thursday night, give me a buzz 636 236-4141 jim
I will try to get in touch Friday.
Old 08-04-2005, 01:10 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

N/A and big inches= big power and more reliability
Old 08-04-2005, 01:11 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Out of curiocity what is hp loss through Konrad?
Old 08-04-2005, 07:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mentalpause
Steet, what performance gains did you get when you went from the 550s to the 625s. We talked about 6 months back. Are you getting as efficient fuel use, or close, with the 625s as you got with your 550s.

Wiggler, let us know how your conversations go with getting Ilmor and Konrad together.
Great question. I have seen a 5 to 6 mph gains from the 550's to the 625hp's. The engine package is awesome to say the least. The fuel economy is a little less than the 550 package, but is just about identical to the 525 merc package according to our trails. I ran a fun run with several boats and after fillups I was within 23% fuel usage of the single engine 28' boats. Running the same speeds and running the same rpm, I was able to compete with fuel mileage. I am very satisfied with the fuel efficiency of the Ilmors. A superior package with superior customer service from my experience.
If tomorrow I was building a single engine boat, I would use an Ilmor engine package in it. No questions asked.
Old 08-04-2005, 09:32 PM
Banned

These engines are all very close in price and warranty. 600merc, 625 Ilmor, 750Zul. 625tmp, Pfaff 700, Eickert725, nortech 725 . I guess it just boils down to who you feel most comfortable with, or just buy the 525 merc , save the 10k and be happy with 540hp.I think for resale or new go blue if it was my personnal boat Zuls are cream of the crop, have personnally spoke with all of them, they are all great guys and have great warranties, but you dont win 3 boat of year awards for nothing.
Old 08-04-2005, 10:33 PM
Registered

if you're buying to sell go merc. if you want to go fast & have fun buy one of the above!!
Old 08-05-2005, 01:39 AM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by wiggler4490
The konrad Tranny is why I love the drive. It can also be put inside the transom or in their own extension box, Very fast drive with Tranny and Bravo style prop choices with 1 year warranty up to 740lbs of Torque, and priced very reasonable, great customer service, and awesome track record and used by the government in the most extreme conditions. This drive is built and if you've ever seen one compared to a bravo you'll see how well built it is. The Arneson is good for offshore, but has its limitations in tight areas and your right resale is very bad, Boats at LOTO with them cannot be given away.
I realize you are relatively new to the boating scene and do not have any real experience with the numerous setups out there, but do yourself a favor and ask some one like the owner of the new 388 Hustler "Mean Streak" Eric Smith or ‘388 Hustler” Dean Peters both of whom have Arneson's that can dock and maneuver through the marina's without any problems.

Give Hustler or Chip Fendt a call and ask them which docks better, a Bravo boat or an Arneson.

You might be surprised that your notions are a bit off base.

Rik

Quick Reply: Which Engine/Drive Package???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.