Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Which Engine/Drive Package??? >

Which Engine/Drive Package???

Notices

Which Engine/Drive Package???

Old 08-05-2005, 08:01 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Which Engine/Drive Package???

Mr. Metal I dont know what punked out means but bring your 1/10 boat to the loto lake shootout and lets she how she does Have you ever riden in a supercat. I know there are a few in Havasu, you mightt want to ride in one first and then respond. Since I'm a dealer I'm very concerned about resale or I would be out of business.Staggered or side by side the arneson is a good drive but does'nt sell in the midwest. I think its a good drive, why do you guys keep writing about them. I've driven them I know how they respond and dock. As for modern I would assume 04 and 05 would fit that classification and no neither one of the boats is old staggered. they are both side by side both Hustlers

Last edited by wiggler4490; 08-05-2005 at 08:04 PM.
Old 08-05-2005, 08:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by wiggler4490
Mr. Metal I dont know what punked out means but bring your 1/10 boat to the loto lake shootout and lets she how she does Have you ever riden in a supercat. I know there are a few in Havasu, you mightt want to ride in one first and then respond. Since I'm a dealer I'm very concerned about resale or I would be out of business.Staggered or side by side the arneson is a good drive but does'nt sell in the midwest. I think its a good drive, why do you guys keep writing about them. I've driven them I know how they respond and dock. As for modern I would assume 04 and 05 would fit that classification and no neither one of the boats is old staggered. they are both side by side both Hustlers
Whoa buddy, I was making what looks like a failed attempt at humor, sorry if you took it the wrong way. no offense intended. But for the record my boat costs 3/10 of what a Nor tech does and yes I've been in one
The point I was trying to make and I'll lay it out a little plainer for you is that any one of us that is truly into this game of ours know the names and quality of this stuff the way a woman knows shoes And I would venture to guess that it would be close to a 50/50 split on what the majority of people consider to have a better resale. I think this would be a great topic for a poll btw, maybe you are the guy to post it?
Old 08-05-2005, 08:19 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Metal bros. come on over a few states and give it your best try! Were sorry you don't have the $ for a NOR-TECH . But bring on the kachina .
Old 08-05-2005, 08:19 PM
45 Lip Ship / 900 Zul's
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

These engines are all very close in price and warranty. 600merc, 625 Ilmor, 750Zul. 625tmp, Pfaff 700, Eickert725, nortech 725 . I guess it just boils down to who you feel most comfortable with, or just buy the 525 merc , save the 10k and be happy with 540hp.I think for resale or new go blue if it was my personnal boat Zuls are cream of the crop, have personnally spoke with all of them, they are all great guys and have great warranties,

but you dont win 3 boat of year awards for nothing.
Wiggler
ZUL'S rule
His new EFI series are real sweet

Rick OSG

Last edited by ONESICKGLADIATOR; 08-05-2005 at 08:25 PM.
Old 08-05-2005, 08:23 PM
Banned

Resale also depends on where you are located and what type of water and boat application you use. On inland lakes Mercury sells, In the Ozarks if you want to sell new boats put in Mercury period. My point was simply that in my location people would'nt buy an Arneson drive period, not because its not good because of name recognition, drive and prop dangers while swimming and Nobody has them at loto. By the way did you like the nortech ride? sorry
Old 08-05-2005, 08:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 3600cat
Metal bros. come on over a few states and give it your best try! Were sorry you don't have the $ for a NOR-TECH . But bring on the kachina .
Wow, some humor doesn't go over too well, hey I am not hatin on anyone here buddy and I apologised to Wiggler if he took it the wrong way so I'm clean. What i don't recall is anyone asking you anything. BTW you don't have any idea what kind of money I have, get over yourself dude. I love Nor Techs BTW.
Old 08-05-2005, 08:28 PM
Registered

Resale also depends on where you are located and what type of water and boat application you use. On inland lakes Mercury sells, In the Ozarks if you want to sell new boats put in Mercury period. My point was simply that in my location people would'nt buy an Arneson drive period, not because its not good because of name recognition, drive and prop dangers while swimming and Nobody has them at loto. By the way did you like the nortech ride? sorry
Thats a good point too, like if you took a DCB to FL it would probably lose some value because it isn't well known in that area.
Old 08-05-2005, 08:31 PM
Banned

That is basically what I was saying, certainly not putting down the drive, just midwesterners are very conservative and hardheaded, they dont want to look at alternatives even if they are better.Any drive with Tranny is better than a Bravo. and yes Arnesons throw a nice tail too.You guys still should come up to the shootout . some wild boats and women. aug 26th.
Old 08-05-2005, 08:39 PM
Registered

By the way did you like the nortech ride? sorry
I didn't ride in the Nor Tech, the 2 supercats I've been in were the 44' Magic and 36 Spectre. The stance of the 36 NorTech is something awesome to see when it is coming at you full bore, we actually got video of a fellow boardmember ( bling bling ) on a run in Havasu, i'll see if I can get Steve to post it in the platinum section for all to see.
Old 08-05-2005, 08:40 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by METAL BROS RACING
Wow, some humor doesn't go over too well, hey I am not hatin on anyone here buddy and I apologised to Wiggler if he took it the wrong way so I'm clean. What i don't recall is anyone asking you anything. BTW you don't have any idea what kind of money I have, get over yourself dude. I love Nor Techs BTW.
You started talking $ and getting punked . As you can tell I dont put my thoughts on the net that often but I just happen to be stupid enough to buy a NOR-TECH . I like NOR- TECHS also . Can you tell . Do I need someone to ask me to put somthing on here?

Quick Reply: Which Engine/Drive Package???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.