Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Too Early to Start Talking About Key West?? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/109375-too-early-start-talking-about-key-west.html)

FountainCS 08-05-2005 02:29 PM

Too Early to Start Talking About Key West??

So when can we officially start talking about the World's????? Not that I'm counting the days or anything. :drink:

otis311 08-05-2005 02:34 PM

Re: Too Early to Start Talking About Key West??

Not to early for me. Reservations are already made for me. Cant wait.

Treads 08-05-2005 02:42 PM

What is the date? Key West is great anytime, but I would like to go to the races.

thisistank 08-05-2005 03:29 PM

We are officially booked into our hotel rooms and running down with the FPC on the Thursday run. Coming home Sunday. VERY excited about it!! :evilb: Never been to Key West, can't wait!

berns29scarab 08-05-2005 03:46 PM

the word on the street is that OSS isnt competing in Key West this year...any truth to it ?

bouyhunter 08-05-2005 04:15 PM

From what I've heard OSS was not invited to race this year. Which is a shame, because it was a great show last year.
Not sure if I'm gonna make it this year, but still planning on it. I'll figure something out... :D :drink:

wananewboat 08-05-2005 04:27 PM

Flights and room already booked. Tried to get a room at the
Gallion and they already have a waiting list.

Quiet Storm 08-05-2005 04:41 PM

I heard that without the boats from OSS there may not be enough boats for the city of Key West to allow the races.

vette131 08-05-2005 04:56 PM

we'll be there again this year.

FountainCS 08-05-2005 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Quiet Storm
I heard that without the boats from OSS there may not be enough boats for the city of Key West to allow the races.

That's not the case. SBI and APBA will be able to provide plenty of boats. I was there the year there was only about 14 boats, no SBI or APBA and they still raced.

Hey Bobby, we rented a house this time! I'm sure we will be having some "get togethers."

Any word on the OSO party?

Zero Patience 08-05-2005 06:51 PM

Not to early. I cant wait to go even though we have four runs planned before then. I heard OSS is planning on racing in St. Pete the same weekend. However, nothing beats Key West in November. In my opinion, FPC equipment is superior to OSS boats anyway.

ratman 08-05-2005 07:20 PM

where are the best places to stay? i would like to keep my boat in the water where i stay. any suggestions? what are the dates? thx, ratman

waterheater 08-05-2005 08:01 PM

We're booked, we're ready, we're preppin', and the wife says go :banana: but we'll se closer............:rolleyes:

FREEDOM US1 08-05-2005 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by thisistank
We are officially booked into our hotel rooms and running down with the FPC on the Thursday run. Coming home Sunday. VERY excited about it!! :evilb: Never been to Key West, can't wait!

We are doing the Thursday run, Key West is a blast!! Bring a swimsuit, T-Shirt and a pair of sandals and your set. :D

rchevelle71 08-05-2005 10:46 PM

Never too early :rolleyes:

Already booked a condo at Hyatt Vacation Club :drink: :D :eek: :evilb: :chimp: :rolleyes: :cool: :p

Quiet Storm 08-05-2005 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by KLAATU
( Now that's funny , I don't care where youre from :evilb: )

If only TWO boat's show here, It'll still be the best time of the year (as far as boatin' wise in november :drink: ).

You are correct, OSS chose not to attend at this point .
Who know's where it really will lay by year's end ?

Show up anyway you won't be dissapointed . I saw more poker run boat's than racer's last year . And they were'nt lame . :evilb:

Now that's just what I heard. If this is wrong shot the guy that told me this :eek: not me.

We were there last year and had an awesome time. :D I was disiponted to hear that it may not happen.

My biggest problem is finding a place to stay. The Gallion is booked. :(

HELP!!!!!

rchevelle71 08-05-2005 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by Quiet Storm
Now that's just what I heard. If this is wrong shot the guy that told me this :eek: not me.

We were there last year and had an awesome time. :D I was disiponted to hear that it may not happen.

My biggest problem is finding a place to stay. The Gallion is booked. :(

HELP!!!!!

Depending on how many days you plan on staying, and its not downtown, but very nice, try the Hyatt Beach House.

thisistank 08-05-2005 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by FREEDOM US1
We are doing the Thursday run, Key West is a blast!! Bring a swimsuit, T-Shirt and a pair of sandals and your set. :D

We've done the Spring poker run to Key Largo (w/Chet Huffman) but never went further than that. Although by the looks of your boat we'll be chasing you! We'll be in a Tiger :D See you on Thursday!

bouyhunter 08-06-2005 04:40 AM

What's the story on OSS in St. Pete. I was actually considering that as an alternative to KW this year. (I was born down there, got married on the beach there, and wanted to save a couple $$ over what I'd spend in Key West).

otis311 08-06-2005 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by FountainCS
That's not the case. SBI and APBA will be able to provide plenty of boats. I was there the year there was only about 14 boats, no SBI or APBA and they still raced.

Hey Bobby, we rented a house this time! I'm sure we will be having some "get togethers."

Any word on the OSO party?

We are staying at the Cuban Club Suites on Duval. No word of any official party as of yet, But Im sure someone will put something together.

otis311 08-06-2005 09:59 AM

For all of you who havent been before, In my own opinion, The races during the week at Key West are just an added bonus to the full week of partys and get togethers. I wouldnt care if they were just racing rubber ducks, it would still be the best week of the year hands down

The Florida Powerboat Club will have close to 200 boats participating this year and they can party as good or better than any racing association out there..trust me !!. My point is, 2 boats 20 boats or 15o race boats, it doesnt matter, Key West is the place to be in November

See you all there

Bob

birdog 08-06-2005 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by bouyhunter
What's the story on OSS in St. Pete. I was actually considering that as an alternative to KW this year. (I was born down there, got married on the beach there, and wanted to save a couple $$ over what I'd spend in Key West).

Key West is sooo much more than the races....You just have to see it to believe it ! :D

Surgin' General 08-07-2005 01:45 AM

Never been there before, but this looks like the year. I'll know more in 2 weeks. Will be driving the boat down from DC. Any DC boys want to make a trip? I'll have a CC Dually with cold AC and Colder beverages. Maybe even a chic. :argue: :argue: No I get her in Georgia, No i get her in North Carolina :D :D

Oh Deere 08-07-2005 08:08 AM

It is never too early. Booked it months ago. If you have not been there, try to stay within 5 blocks of Duval (North End). Don't get stuck at one of the hotels out by the airport. It can be a hike.

Outlawcowgirl 08-07-2005 07:57 PM

NEVER too early. We have been booked for a couple of months now. We are getting married down there on the 17th of Nov. as well as watching the races. We get in on Tues and leave on Mon. As soon as I get the time worked out I will post an invitation for all to come. We will party all night because no racing on Friday. YAHOO!!!

Phantom1 08-07-2005 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by otis311
For all of you who havent been before, In my own opinion, The races during the week at Key West are just an added bonus to the full week of partys and get togethers. I wouldnt care if they were just racing rubber ducks, it would still be the best week of the year hands down

The Florida Powerboat Club will have close to 200 boats participating this year and they can party as good or better than any racing association out there..trust me !!. My point is, 2 boats 20 boats or 15o race boats, it doesnt matter, Key West is the place to be in November

See you all there

Bob

Well said. I couldn't agree more.

Everyone said that I had a great time last year - I wish I could have remembered some of it. :D :D

Cash Bar 08-07-2005 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by Phantom1
Well said. I couldn't agree more.

Everyone said that I had a great time last year - I wish I could have remembered some of it. :D :D

Well then, let me start.......boy do I have a story for you !!!! :eek:

Racegirl3 08-08-2005 12:33 AM

Cant wait!!! We were discussin the OSO party this weekend ... we need to start plannin it :drink:

rchevelle71 08-08-2005 01:48 AM

Originally Posted by Racegirl3
Cant wait!!! We were discussin the OSO party this weekend ... we need to start plannin it :drink:

Party???

Whats That??? :D :D

I'm there for the racing :rolleyes: :drink: :drink: :drink:

thisistank 08-08-2005 07:03 PM

Watched the '04 Key West FPC run DVD last night and all I have to say is IT'S F*CKING ON!!!! :eek: :drink:

Dangerous Dave 08-08-2005 08:59 PM

Tank you're gonna' want to move to FL after your trip. There is nothing like Key West. It's kind of like a tropical mardi gras with not so many homelss people. If OSS is racing in St. Pete the same weekend someone can stay at my house because it's gonna be lame and I'll be in Key West.

FountainCS 08-09-2005 09:13 AM

Is there going to be a Scooter Poker Run this year???

OBNOXUS21 08-09-2005 11:10 PM

The best vacation I've ever had was last years Worlds :drink: A lot more to it than the races, but having never been to a race it was absolutely incredible :evilb: Still trying to make things work for this year. Stayed far off from Duvall, but just rented scooters and was there in a matter of minutes. BTW, Teasers is great, but they just like your $ ALOT :eek: :p

OSO STEVE--- Remember flipping the fork lift when trying to pull it out of the rutt it was in :rolleyes: :drink: :D

Wardey 08-10-2005 08:42 AM

Yep, Team Extreme F1-07 is booked at the Sunrise Suites from the 13th. til the 21st.. Can't wait. Dave

Sunrise Girl 08-10-2005 09:15 AM

Can't wait!! We'll be at the Hilton from the 16th to the 21st.

rchevelle71 08-13-2005 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by KLAATU
I thought you were staying at the " rainbow room" ? :eek:
( M&M don't forget your'e heel's :evilb: )

I Didnt know they were all staying at your place!!! :eek: :eek:

Just Joking :D

When I was down there a few weeks back, I saw your Work Van parked in a driveway, I was going to stop in and say Hi, but I figured you might be Busy..........Working or something :drink:

If anyone needs a place to stay Friday and/or Saturday Night, I may have an extra room, or room at my condo, Bad thing is, it is on the North end of the Island, good thing is..........

Its Cheap, and NICE!!! :D :D