Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   My new personal boat (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/109387-my-new-personal-boat.html)

Magicfloat 08-05-2005 05:31 PM

My new personal boat

When I was much younger I bought my first brand new boat, a 1963 Glasspar G-3 with the first model year 100 Mercury. Do you ever wish you could go back in time and re-live the old days? Thanks to T2x and John Sherlock,yesterday I bought a 1963 Glasspar G-3 :p Doesn't matter if it has the wrong engine,cause I also found a period correct 100 Merc to put on it.My boathouse has 3 high dollar boats in it, (they belong to the bank) but guess what boat I will be playing with the rest of the summer? :D Sometimes it is good to go back to your roots. Wish I could post pics,but I bought it sight unseen,and T2x,like me, is too old to know how to do it :drink: I am as excited about this boat getting here as I was about my 353/600 boat. Guess your priorities change with age. :rolleyes:

westcoaster 08-05-2005 05:35 PM

Re: My new personal boat

Congrats on finding your fountain of youth.
have fun with it. :D

Formula Outlaw 08-05-2005 08:07 PM

My Dad had a 63 Glasspar, don't know which model though. It was a 17 footer, red, with a little cuddy cabin on it, small v berth. His had a 75 Evinrude on the back. Some of my best childhood memories are with that boat. He truly loved it.

Post some pix to see if it's the same. Thanks for sharing that. Russ

FASTTIMES 08-05-2005 09:05 PM

congrats magicfloat! you will probably have more fun on that boat than you do on the other 3 high dollar boats!

Anarchy Powerboats 08-05-2005 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by Magicfloat
When I was much younger I bought my first brand new boat, a 1963 Glasspar G-3 with the first model year 100 Mercury. Do you ever wish you could go back in time and re-live the old days? Thanks to T2x and John Sherlock,yesterday I bought a 1963 Glasspar G-3 :p Doesn't matter if it has the wrong engine,cause I also found a period correct 100 Merc to put on it.My boathouse has 3 high dollar boats in it, (they belong to the bank) but guess what boat I will be playing with the rest of the summer? :D Sometimes it is good to go back to your roots. Wish I could post pics,but I bought it sight unseen,and T2x,like me, is too old to know how to do it :drink: I am as excited about this boat getting here as I was about my 353/600 boat. Guess your priorities change with age. :rolleyes:

Awesome story and congrats, could we have a few pics of her?

f311fr1 08-05-2005 09:35 PM

My first boat was a 1978 19 foot Glasspar Cutlass trihull with a 228 Merc. Boy what a blast we had with that boat. Sold it to raise capital for my wife to go into her own business. Best move we ever made. Joe Murray.

dockrocker 08-05-2005 11:32 PM

Robert, in the spirit of OSO friendship, I'd like to help you enjoy that classic beauty. It's a touch job, but I'll exercise that 353/600 boat for you - no charge. I promise to treat her right with a hard run at least every weekend.

Will you ship her up or should I come down and haul her back?

mama tryed 08-06-2005 06:39 AM

Great Story!! I learned to WaterSki behind one of those with a Merc Motor, I think? it had a tall skinny powerhead and was silver! Enjoy!!!!!

Mitch