Classic Speedboats in Tahoe

Notices

Classic Speedboats in Tahoe

Old 08-06-2005, 01:31 PM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Classic Speedboats in Tahoe

Thanks for sharing the pics. Awesome boats.

"Classic Speedboats" I was expecting to see some Glastron Jetboats or something.
Old 08-06-2005, 02:05 PM
Registered

Location: Where the water meets the oaks 'n Pines in the Sierra Nevada's of NorCal
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by thisistank
Thanks for sharing the pics. Those old boats are AWESOME!

Hows boating on Tahoe anyway?
I really enjoy Lake Tahoe. Boating, hiking, biking...very versatle, plus south shore had lots of gambling if your into that.
Very large alpine lake, and Prestine Clear. The middle gets wild but with large deep V's not a problem. Great places to sightsee throughout the lake. Dining on the water is spectacular. You do loose a bit of power because of the 6k foot elevation lake level.
Emerald Bay, Meeks Bay, Cornealian Bay are just a few awesome sights to take in from the water.
Lots of choices.
Only word of Caution, Keep your eyes open around shore, water is so clear, hard to tell how close the bolders are and have claimed many outdrives and props.
I understand that you & other Scope members may be traveling up for the Big Cat event...enjoy your trip up this week to the Bay Area and tahoe. Many helpful hands up here if you need any, just call on us.

Last edited by GoCiggie31; 08-06-2005 at 02:10 PM.
Old 08-06-2005, 04:06 PM
Registered

Received 2,943 Likes on 978 Posts

Originally Posted by GoCiggie31
I really enjoy Lake Tahoe. Boating, hiking, biking...very versatle, plus south shore had lots of gambling if your into that.
Very large alpine lake, and Prestine Clear. The middle gets wild but with large deep V's not a problem. Great places to sightsee throughout the lake. Dining on the water is spectacular. You do loose a bit of power because of the 6k foot elevation lake level.
Emerald Bay, Meeks Bay, Cornealian Bay are just a few awesome sights to take in from the water.
Lots of choices.
Only word of Caution, Keep your eyes open around shore, water is so clear, hard to tell how close the bolders are and have claimed many outdrives and props.
I understand that you & other Scope members may be traveling up for the Big Cat event...enjoy your trip up this week to the Bay Area and tahoe. Many helpful hands up here if you need any, just call on us.
thanks for all the info. May just have to do a Tahoe trip w/the boat some time in the near future.

I'm not doing the Big Cat run (gotta work) but there are about 10-15 SCOPE guys draggin up there around Thursday. IT's going to be a good run I'm sure!
Old 08-06-2005, 08:21 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Great pics Thank you
Old 08-06-2005, 08:50 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

awsome pics of some cool hardware. that 55 footer going 70 is a trip!
Old 08-06-2005, 08:54 PM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

Yes sir , nothin' like and old "woody"
Old 08-07-2005, 01:10 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great pics, thanks for sharing. I was in Reno all last week for work and drove to Tahoe Wed. night to see it (never been there) and heard about the boat show. Almost changed my flight so could have stayed (I flew home last night) but wife has not seen me in a week and she woulda killed me if I did fly home to see her and went to a boat show.. :-). I have grown up on the east coast and love the boating here (Fla Keys etc.) but Tahoe might be the prettiest place I have ever seen. Silly question.....what is with no docks and boat lifts and all the boats on mooring balls and they own the land that it anchors to? I will have the return to Reno at least a couple more times in the coming weeks and really want to try to stay over a weekend and perhaps rent something to see the lake. Any suggestions for areas to see? I have heard the lake can get ugly in the afternoon winds too.
Old 08-07-2005, 11:10 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Enviro Nazis wont let you put in docks on the lake. The only ones there are grandfathered in. You'll see a few nice homes with docks and lifts but many of them are shared by a group of homeowners. A dock adds a couple mil$ to the value of a lakefront home. Commercial docks would need to be behind a breakwater to be able to survive the weather. There are a few but it would be a shame to have the lakefront covered with breakwaters.

That lake has claimed many Fountains on buoys. I've left mine out a few nights but when you hear the wind kick up it'll keep you awake.
Old 08-07-2005, 01:06 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Classic Speedboats in Tahoe

Great pics! Now we realize how long this speed and bling bug has been biting all of us!
Old 08-07-2005, 01:42 PM
Registered

Location: Where the water meets the oaks 'n Pines in the Sierra Nevada's of NorCal

Originally Posted by mneal
Great pics, thanks for sharing.. .. I will have the return to Reno at least a couple more times in the coming weeks and really want to try to stay over a weekend and perhaps rent something to see the lake. Any suggestions for areas to see? I have heard the lake can get ugly in the afternoon winds too.
There is plenty to see from(on) the lake or just take hiway 89 from south tahoe (the y) up to tahoe city very scenic and many stops along the way.
North
Boat renting @ Tahoe City Marina 530 583 1039 , Sunnyside Resort (nice on water) 530 583 7200; Carnelian BAy Rentals 8663090187
South
Embassy Resort 877 477 7368
or you can rent a house on the Keys (very cool with dock).
PM me a fax number and I can send you an entire list to choose from if you would like.

emerald bay, Meeks bay(great cabins).
Just a start to point you in that direction.hope this helps