Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
What is the best stuff to take off the build up on stainless/polished items?? >

What is the best stuff to take off the build up on stainless/polished items??

Notices

What is the best stuff to take off the build up on stainless/polished items??

Old 08-18-2005, 11:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: What is the best stuff to take off the build up on stainless/polished items??

Thanks, Tank. I'll give that stuff a try...since the garage full of stuff
I've been using hasn't done the trick. By the way, nice Cig!!
Old 08-18-2005, 11:48 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts
Default Re: What is the best stuff to take off the build up on stainless/polished items??

Originally Posted by BOSS245
Thanks, Tank. I'll give that stuff a try...since the garage full of stuff
I've been using hasn't done the trick. By the way, nice Cig!!
Thanks for the compliment. Yea, I was in the same way. I have a crap load of polish stuff but NOTHING would take that lime off. Not even steal wool! This stuff did pretty good. Close enough for Govt. work!
Old 08-19-2005, 12:06 AM
Charter Member #30
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

At least try the toilet bowl cleaner. I use sno-bowl and can't believe how easy it is. Just put it on a rag then dab it on the crud wait a minute and wipe off. It really is that easy!
Old 08-19-2005, 12:13 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Scott
At least try the toilet bowl cleaner. I use sno-bowl and can't believe how easy it is. Just put it on a rag then dab it on the crud wait a minute and wipe off. It really is that easy!
I plan on it. I'm going to the store tomorrow.
Old 08-19-2005, 09:48 PM
Registered

Alright, I went to the hardware store and was looking for the toilet bowl cleaner stuff and ran across this other stuff that was "industrial" looking so I picked it up to try and HOLY SH!T this stuff was bad azz!! You could actually see it bubbling where the lime was. Heres some pics of the finished product. I also slapped it on the exhaust tips real quick and heres a few pics of that too. I swear we're talking like 1 minute of work for the tips. I need to go back over them again but after I did the tips the first time then I put this other stuff on the transom that takes the rusty yellow out of the gelcoat called FSR by Davis...That stuff is the BOMB!!
Attached Thumbnails What is the best stuff to take off the build up on stainless/polished items??-small1.jpg   What is the best stuff to take off the build up on stainless/polished items??-small2.jpg   What is the best stuff to take off the build up on stainless/polished items??-small3.jpg  

Old 08-19-2005, 09:53 PM
Registered

I got in such a cleaning mood that I even decided to shine the lowers on the 3A's and they came out better than expected as well.
Attached Thumbnails What is the best stuff to take off the build up on stainless/polished items??-small4.jpg   What is the best stuff to take off the build up on stainless/polished items??-small5.jpg   What is the best stuff to take off the build up on stainless/polished items??-small6.jpg  

Old 08-22-2005, 05:50 PM
Registered

Looks great Tank.. Next time you get in one of those cleaning moods let me know - I'll bring my boat by for you.
Old 08-22-2005, 07:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Steamin Rice
Looks great Tank.. Next time you get in one of those cleaning moods let me know - I'll bring my boat by for you.
It may be a while Greg!
Old 08-23-2005, 04:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Scott
Hey Tank, Scott was right on the $. Had my wife pick up the SnoBol stuff. Poured it on the prop...the stuff foamed up...I wiped it off with a rag and rinsed with a hose. No scrubbing, etc. Did the same with the exhaust tips. Total cleaning time : less than 15 minutes. It was that simple.

Jack