Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Best Boating sunglasses???

Dragons all the wat.WWW.DRAGONOPTICAL.COM
Old 08-07-2005, 04:45 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Ms PatriYacht
Don't mean to burst your bubble, I was in the sunglass business for a long time and worked for Corning Glass when they introduced the Serengetti. Nice glasses but they are just amber lenses that cut out bluish colors, really nothing more than the blue blockers you see on TV. An amber colored lenses does eliminate certain colors and contrast will be greater, I have bought the same type of lense from the dollar store They are great driving lenses, hense some companies tout them as such, because they are comfortable in both bright light as well as low light. It is easy to find a lense for bright light, but inbetween light and glare can be worse to deal with. if my memory serves me correct Serengetti lenses are photo sensative as well, so if the sun shines they darken and then the contrast goes down, plus any changing lense is effected by alltitude and temparture, we ski so in the altitude and cold the lens becomes a consant dark brown.
Didn't realize you "did time" in the sunglass Biz.
The Co. I work for makes all the Harley-Davidson glasses. We only make lenses, frames come from Harley. We also do all the "wrap" sunglasses for lenscrafters. Everything we're doing is prescription.
You're right about the amber lenses - that's all they are.
Anti-Reflective coating helps alot though. At least get a backside A/R on Sunglasses, will make a huge difference.
Old 08-07-2005, 07:28 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Costas. I have 2 pair. They have a great warranty.
Old 08-07-2005, 08:57 AM
Banned

Looked at some of the Dragons, and the Oakley new zero ducati's they look good , lenses choices, look comfortable and look as if they will stay on, any experience with either, and which is the best all around lens color. I take it I should stay away from polarized to judge waves and depth perception. thanks
Old 08-07-2005, 08:57 AM
Registered

I love my Costa's (Harpoon's w/ Blue Mirror Offshore Lenses). They wrap nicely to keep the wind out. I wear contacts and the wind is a big problem. Dave
Old 08-07-2005, 09:18 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Give Zeal Optics a look. I'm a little biased, since they were a sponsor of ours back in the racing days, but we used a lot of their product. Good stuff - I still have a scratched up pair that I love.

http://www.zealoptics.com/eus/

Old 08-07-2005, 09:57 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by wiggler4490
Looked at some of the Dragons, and the Oakley new zero ducati's they look good , lenses choices, look comfortable and look as if they will stay on, any experience with either, and which is the best all around lens color. I take it I should stay away from polarized to judge waves and depth perception. thanks

I have a pair of the OAKELY Ducati's. They are perfect. No worries of them flying off your head.

Never heard of the Dragons before. Just checked out their website and decided they have absolutely NOTHING decent looking.
Old 08-07-2005, 10:19 AM
Banned

Baja, Which Ducatis do you have and what color lenses, where is the best place to order them. I think I'm going to go with them, like the new zero. thanks for your imput, they also look cool
Old 08-07-2005, 10:47 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 54 Likes on 26 Posts

I have had my MJs for over 8 years now and love them around water. My wife just got a pair of Navigators, I think thats the name, they came with 4 lenses. A clear, yellow, brown and orange. They seem very nice if you had to put in the clear for any night boating.
Old 08-07-2005, 01:18 PM
Registered

We have had great results with WILEY - X and OKLEY WATER JACKETS. Both have several lens choices (color, mirror, polarization) for a tailored to use selction. The WATERJACKETS are great for contact wearers like myself becasue they are vented around the edges to reduce air pressure and heat.

Quick Reply: Best Boating sunglasses???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.